Megane addict checking in...

New here? Come and check the forum rules & introduce yourself here!
Sister Kyoya
Kickstarter Backer+
Kickstarter Backer+

Megane addict checking in...

Postby Sister Kyoya » Tue Mar 29, 2016 8:40 am

WARNING: Notoriously long-winded! Ya can't say I didn't warn ya! I don't expect this post to be all that long, but it's just a warning for any future posts.

I'm 37, I've only lived in one state my entire life and currently live less than 300 miles from the cattle ranching town I grew up in. I've been blessed enough to be married to my high school sweetheart for 16+ years, who's also daft enough to highly encourage and often feed my yaoi addiction (he spoils me.) We have two cats, no kids, and a growing army of 1/3 and 1/4 scale anime style dolls. *points to the pic in her sig that is also a link* I have massive crippling social phobias, bizarre allergies that include dust, honey, pineapple, and sunlight. (I'm not making that last one up. Photo proof) Due to my sun allergy I live in a very (literally) sheltered world and am pretty much a recluse. However I'm completely blessed with this nifty invention that lets me talk with people all over the world nearly instantly. I love how the internet allows me to function without battling the terror and panic attacks that make it impossible to have a normal social life, and just lets me be myself.

I am a seamstress (to the aforementioned dolls), budding photographer, doodler, geek, designer, gamer, but most of all a writer. There is a gallery section on my website Naiomi's Closet showing a lot of the variety of what I do. (This is not intended to be an advertisement, some of the things listed in the gallery aren't posted anywhere else. I hope this is okay.) In short, I'm just a highly creative person.

In many ways I'm a latecomer to anime, manga, etc. and was slow to understand the quirks that anime offers. The first Japanese cartoons I recall watching when I was younger (in middle school) weren't called anime, it was Japanimation. About five years ago my husband started to try and get me to watch anime. Now I have to be clear on one thing, I have loved cartoons my whole life so it confused me to pieces why I found anime in the beginning to be mostly very baffling. I remember watching Nurse Witch Komugi (I think) and the husband found it hilarious while I was completely lost because it's an anime making fun of anime. If you don't understand the jokes, it makes NO sense. Thankfully I kept watching various anime because I like cartoons. I think D-Gray Man was the first anime I marathoned through, and shortly after that I discovered Ouran High School Host Club. Even though it's a reverse harem, it was my blatant first step into the yaoi world, and I have not regretted a moment of it.

I already had a megane fixation (Brainy Smurf was my favorite as a kid because he was smart) but Kyoya Ootori (with J. Michael Tatum's voice) turned it into a full blown addiction. Any megane is still compared to him. It's also where my screen name came from, but I continue to use it for reasons. This addiction is so bad that when my husband found out that it would be beneficial for him to wear glasses, but not required, he got them without having to think about it twice. :oops: I was instantly hooked on Seiyuu Danshi because Tocchan is a megane, but I would have still paid attention because of it being a BL game. I joked once with my mom that my hard of hearing grandfather would instantly be paying attention if she just said 'pie' in a quiet voice. So we tried it and he instantly sat up in his chair, started looking around, saying "What? What?" We cracked up over that. Sad thing is I'm too well aware if someone just mentions megane or I just see a pic of a Kyoya-esque megane, I drop everything and give my undivided attention. Megane is my pie. :lol:

So howdy to you all! I'm so very pleased to find so many nice yaoi fans. More than once it has felt so very strange that I can talk about yaoi stuff so bluntly here since I can't with anyone else, but I love it. I've been a closet fujoshi for many years (who is also thrilled beyond reason to meet the fabled fudanshi! I've got so many questions! LOL!)

~Sister Kyoya
I'm a weirdo and I know it. :geek:
Scandalous Parchments for my original yaoi stories!

nohyde12
Kickstarter Backer+
Kickstarter Backer+

Re: Megane addict checking in...

Postby nohyde12 » Tue Mar 29, 2016 11:18 am

i have megane addiction, the typical tall , dark and mystery..some voice fetish ( this one..i got it bad!!)
Yaoi is my HOPES and DREAMS 8-) ٩(๑❛ᴗ❛๑)۶

► Show Spoiler

Knightusagi
Kickstarter Backer+
Kickstarter Backer+

Postby Knightusagi » Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:32 pm

Awesome, your husband went off getting glasses because you like them.
Also your grandpa with pie thing, cracked me up.
Me too big fan of character with glasses similair to kyoya. megane is life
Nice to meet ya!~ welcome!

for you (and me X3 )

► Show Spoiler

► Show Spoiler

► Show Spoiler
Last edited by Knightusagi on Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
「好きにしろ」

camneliops80
Kickstarter Backer+
Kickstarter Backer+

Postby camneliops80 » Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:39 pm

It's good to get to know you, Kyoya-oneesan. We're in your care!

Sister Kyoya
Kickstarter Backer+
Kickstarter Backer+

Postby Sister Kyoya » Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:37 pm

nohyde12 wrote:i have megane addiction, the typical tall , dark and mystery..some voice fetish ( this one..i got it bad!!)

My favorite megane are tall, dark, and snarky. Still cannot figure out why the snark makes them so damn sexy. Come to think of it, it's probably because I'm an uke who dreams of being dominated. (Husband only sees it as being mean and fails to notice the very fine line...) :|

I also have a thing for very deep male voices. There is one person on YouTube I found because of Minecraft videos but I'm totally addicted to because of his voice. He's one of those people who could just sit and read the phone book and make me weak in the knees. *nosebleed*

Knightusagi wrote:Awesome, your husband went off getting glasses because you like them.
Me too big fan of character swith glasses similair to kyoya. megane is life

my husband has had his glasses for 2-3 years now and he still makes a big deal pointing out in various ways that he's a megane. Worst part is that he keeps doing it because he gets a reaction every. single. time. :o

Always feel free to send me as many megane picks you wish. I hadn't seen a couple of those before (with the specific captions) so they were promptly saved. LOL!

camneliops80 wrote:It's good to get to know you, Kyoya-oneesan. We're in your care!

Muhahahaha! I have my yaoi minions to corrupt! :twisted: Or just enablers to feed my addiction. :lol:

~Sister Kyoya

Jai1579
Kickstarter Backer+
Kickstarter Backer+

Postby Jai1579 » Tue Mar 29, 2016 8:56 pm

Sister Kyoya wrote:
nohyde12 wrote:i have megane addiction, the typical tall , dark and mystery..some voice fetish ( this one..i got it bad!!)

My favorite megane are tall, dark, and snarky. Still cannot figure out why the snark makes them so damn sexy. Come to think of it, it's probably because I'm an uke who dreams of being dominated. (Husband only sees it as being mean and fails to notice the very fine line...) :|

I also have a thing for very deep male voices. There is one person on YouTube I found because of Minecraft videos but I'm totally addicted to because of his voice. He's one of those people who could just sit and read the phone book and make me weak in the knees. *nosebleed*

Knightusagi wrote:Awesome, your husband went off getting glasses because you like them.
Me too big fan of character swith glasses similair to kyoya. megane is life

my husband has had his glasses for 2-3 years now and he still makes a big deal pointing out in various ways that he's a megane. Worst part is that he keeps doing it because he gets a reaction every. single. time. :o

Always feel free to send me as many megane picks you wish. I hadn't seen a couple of those before (with the specific captions) so they were promptly saved. LOL!

camneliops80 wrote:It's good to get to know you, Kyoya-oneesan. We're in your care!

Muhahahaha! I have my yaoi minions to corrupt! :twisted: Or just enablers to feed my addiction. :lol:

~Sister Kyoya

:D Well, I've already seen you around the forum but Id say Hello otherwise! and lets not forget the king...

► Show Spoiler

Sister Kyoya
Kickstarter Backer+
Kickstarter Backer+

Postby Sister Kyoya » Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:30 pm

Hi there and... WHO THE HELL IS THAT?? :shock: *drools*

Wait, what was I doing? :lol: (I swear he looks familiar but I just can't place him.) *shamelessly downloads the pic*

~Sister Kyoya

Jai1579
Kickstarter Backer+
Kickstarter Backer+

Postby Jai1579 » Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:44 pm

Sister Kyoya wrote:Hi there and... WHO THE HELL IS THAT?? :shock: *drools*

Wait, what was I doing? :lol: (I swear he looks familiar but I just can't place him.) *shamelessly downloads the pic*

~Sister Kyoya

That , dear sister Kyoya, is Reisi Munakata the Blue King from K Project ^ ^ and there's more!

► Show Spoiler

► Show Spoiler

► Show Spoiler

Sister Kyoya
Kickstarter Backer+
Kickstarter Backer+

Postby Sister Kyoya » Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:55 pm

That's right! What I wouldn't give to be his uke...

► Show Spoiler

► Show Spoiler

Excuse me while I go babble incoherent gibberish in the corner... :D

~Sister Kyoya

Knightusagi
Kickstarter Backer+
Kickstarter Backer+

Postby Knightusagi » Tue Mar 29, 2016 11:05 pm

Sister Kyoya wrote:my husband has had his glasses for 2-3 years now and he still makes a big deal pointing out in various ways that he's a megane. Worst part is that he keeps doing it because he gets a reaction every. single. time. :o

~Sister Kyoya

:lol: i see, your own special personal megane at only your service!~ lucky.
the picts came up right away in search bar for images. :D

lots of images x3 ;just search titles to find them on the internet

check out live action OHSHC; got dvd -->also jp drama 'how to date an fujoshi/otaku' video link same actor? ....also check out kuroshitsuji musical 2012 / 2013 remake 'the most beautiful death in the world' if you like
► Show Spoiler

► Show Spoiler

kuroshitsuji musical 2012 the most beautiful death in the world cast:* when seeing the musical they look better.
► Show Spoiler

kuroshitsuji musical 2013 remake the most beautiful death in the world cast: *..same text..*
► Show Spoiler

anime
► Show Spoiler

► Show Spoiler

► Show Spoiler

'when i am hangry'
► Show Spoiler

► Show Spoiler

► Show Spoiler

► Show Spoiler
「好きにしろ」

Return to “Welcome!”