Hi there

New here? Come and check the forum rules & introduce yourself here!
booknerd_maro
Kickstarter Backer+
Kickstarter Backer+

Re: Hi there

Postby booknerd_maro » Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:03 pm

As a genderless person, I go by agender. The prefix a- meaning without. That's not to say there aren't other non-binary genders that do experience gender... That just not my own experience.
As for pronouns, personally I go by they/them pronouns but some people are comfortable with their assigned pronouns. And there are people who use neo pronouns like ze or xe, etc.... But seriously though, how are people not familiar with the singular they, people literally use it everyday.
Anyway, if you want to understand more about the gender binary dichotomy, then maybe look into non-binary genders.
*gets off soap box*
Sorry if that sounded more aggressive than I mean it too, I'm just very passionate about lgbt things, especially transgender awareness.

Suracis
Kickstarter Backer+
Kickstarter Backer+

Postby Suracis » Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:11 pm

Jai1579 wrote:Lawyer-san strikes again xD , alright, Ale it is
I'm starting to think you want me to be a lawyer...
booknerd_maro wrote:As a genderless person, I go by agender. The prefix a- meaning without. That's not to say there aren't other non-binary genders that do experience gender... That just not my own experience.
As for pronouns, personally I go by they/them pronouns but some people are comfortable with their assigned pronouns. And there are people who use neo pronouns like ze or xe, etc.... But seriously though, how are people not familiar with the singular they, people literally use it everyday.
Anyway, if you want to understand more about the gender binary dichotomy, then maybe look into non-binary genders.
*gets off soap box*
Sorry if that sounded more aggressive than I mean it too, I'm just very passionate about lgbt things, especially transgender awareness.
Aggressive? There was barely a hint of aggression in your post for me. Anyway, I wouldn't even know how to pronounce ze or xe unless we're simply going to go by the syllables. The concept of being agender is quite interesting with your explanation of the prefix.

And it's good being passionate about something. One of the barriers I find, in terms of transgender awareness, is the older audience. It's most likely that they don't understand the concept of being transgender especially with how they were raised in the past.

Jai1579
Kickstarter Backer+
Kickstarter Backer+

Postby Jai1579 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:14 pm

Suracis wrote:
Jai1579 wrote:Lawyer-san strikes again xD , alright, Ale it is
I'm starting to think you want me to be a lawyer...
booknerd_maro wrote:As a genderless person, I go by agender. The prefix a- meaning without. That's not to say there aren't other non-binary genders that do experience gender... That just not my own experience.
*gets off soap box*
Aggressive? There was barely a hint of aggression in your post for me. Anyway, I wouldn't even know how to pronounce ze or xe unless we're simply going to go by the syllables. The concept of being agender is quite interesting with your explanation of the prefix.

And it's good being passionate about something. One of the barriers I find, in terms of transgender awareness, is the older audience. It's most likely that they don't understand the concept of being transgender especially with how they were raised in the past.
Who knows, maybe I also want you to be my professor? xD

Suracis
Kickstarter Backer+
Kickstarter Backer+

Postby Suracis » Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:16 pm

Jai1579 wrote:Who knows, maybe I also want you to be my professor? xD
Now it sounds like you want me to be a lot of things. Fortunately for you, I wear many hats.
► Show Spoiler

Jai1579
Kickstarter Backer+
Kickstarter Backer+

Postby Jai1579 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:25 pm

Suracis wrote:
Jai1579 wrote:Who knows, maybe I also want you to be my professor? xD
Now it sounds like you want me to be a lot of things. Fortunately for you, I wear many hats.
► Show Spoiler
Now the question becomes :D which one is your favorite hat?
► Show Spoiler

Suracis
Kickstarter Backer+
Kickstarter Backer+

Postby Suracis » Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:30 pm

Jai1579 wrote:Now the question becomes :D which one is your favorite hat?
► Show Spoiler
I'm sure you can take a guess, can't you?
► Show Spoiler

Jai1579
Kickstarter Backer+
Kickstarter Backer+

Postby Jai1579 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:32 pm

Suracis wrote:
Jai1579 wrote:Now the question becomes :D which one is your favorite hat?
► Show Spoiler
I'm sure you can take a guess, can't you?
► Show Spoiler
The hat of a teacher ? :D
► Show Spoiler

Suracis
Kickstarter Backer+
Kickstarter Backer+

Postby Suracis » Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:37 pm

Jai1579 wrote:The hat of a teacher ? :D
► Show Spoiler
What makes you say that?
► Show Spoiler

booknerd_maro
Kickstarter Backer+
Kickstarter Backer+

Postby booknerd_maro » Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:43 pm

Suracis wrote:
booknerd_maro wrote:
► Show Spoiler

Well both ze and xe are pronounced similarly to the German pronoun sie, if that helps at all. Neo pronouns and such are like the ultimate combination of my love for linguistics and my passion for activism. *stops before they go on a tangent about the evolution of language*
I guess you find the concept of being agender to be as fascinating as I do that people actually think the gender binary is a thing that exists. Haha... But you will find logic behind most labels used, I mean there's a reason there's an A in LGBTQIA and it's sure not for ally.

I don't know if age has so much to do with it as an unwillingness to be more open minded is. Once you've decided you know everything you need to know, you stop trying to learn more. Which, granted is more common in older people but some of the bigots I've had the displeasure of interacting with have been the same age as I am, or younger.

I'm glad you didn't find my post to be too aggressive, any amount of aggressiveness is a lot for me since I'm a pacifist by nature.

Suracis
Kickstarter Backer+
Kickstarter Backer+

Postby Suracis » Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:48 pm

booknerd_maro wrote:Well both ze and xe are pronounced similarly to the German pronoun sie, if that helps at all. Neo pronouns and such are like the ultimate combination of my love for linguistics and my passion for activism. *stops before they go on a tangent about the evolution of language*
I guess you find the concept of being agender to be as fascinating as I do that people actually think the gender binary is a thing that exists. Haha... But you will find logic behind most labels used, I mean there's a reason there's an A in LGBTQIA and it's sure not for ally.

I don't know if age has so much to do with it as an unwillingness to be more open minded is. Once you've decided you know everything you need to know, you stop trying to learn more. Which, granted is more common in older people but some of the bigots I've had the displeasure of interacting with have been the same age as I am, or younger.

I'm glad you didn't find my post to be too aggressive, any amount of aggressiveness is a lot for me since I'm a pacifist by nature.
Hmm, I'm not familiar with German so I'm afraid it didn't help me. People who don't continue to learn are overly self-confident and quite pathetic to watch. In fact, they're the people I love to mess around with just to see the kind of reaction they give out. But, getting back on-topic, anyone who displays that type of attitude your age is probably because of how they were raised. Hence, the older generation.