Page 4 of 7

Re: Hi there

Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:50 pm
by Jai1579
booknerd_maro wrote:
Suracis wrote:
booknerd_maro wrote:
► Show Spoiler
Aggressive? There was barely a hint of aggression in your post for me. Anyway, I wouldn't even know how to pronounce ze or xe unless we're simply going to go by the syllables. The concept of being agender is quite interesting with your explanation of the prefix.

And it's good being passionate about something. One of the barriers I find, in terms of transgender awareness, is the older audience. It's most likely that they don't understand the concept of being transgender especially with how they were raised in the past.
Well both ze and xe are pronounced similarly to the German pronoun sie, if that helps at all. Neo pronouns and such are like the ultimate combination of my love for linguistics and my passion for activism. *stops before they go on a tangent about the evolution of language*
I guess you find the concept of being agender to be as fascinating as I do that people actually think the gender binary is a thing that exists. Haha... But you will find logic behind most labels used, I mean there's a reason there's an A in LGBTQIA and it's sure not for ally.

I don't know if age has so much to do with it as an unwillingness to be more open minded is. Once you've decided you know everything you need to know, you stop trying to learn more. Which, granted is more common in older people but some of the bigots I've had the displeasure of interacting with have been the same age as I am, or younger.

I'm glad you didn't find my post to be too aggressive, any amount of aggressiveness is a lot for me since I'm a pacifist by nature.
I see! And I didn't find your post to be aggressive at all! Interesting enough I've came across neo pronouns when I was studying organic chemistry a while ago

Re: Hi there

Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:51 pm
by Jai1579
Suracis wrote:
Jai1579 wrote:The hat of a teacher ? :D
► Show Spoiler
What makes you say that?
► Show Spoiler
It's just something I remembered from a past interaction that we had

Re: Hi there

Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:54 pm
by Suracis
Jai1579 wrote:It's just something I remembered from a past interaction that we had
I see. Well, maybe one day when I'm older, I'll become a teacher so I can make fun of my students :lol:

Re: Hi there

Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:00 am
by Jai1579
Suracis wrote:
Jai1579 wrote:It's just something I remembered from a past interaction that we had
I see. Well, maybe one day when I'm older, I'll become a teacher so I can make fun of my students :lol:
Lol don't break their spirits too much xD

Re: Hi there

Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:13 am
by Lazy_scorpio
I just go by the usual he/she. If we were talking face to face, I'd be perfectly fine with being called by what I am physically. As this is the internet and you cannot exactly see me, however, you may refer to me as he or she. I'm not very concerned with pronouns and it's easier for everyone (including the lazy me). I honestly don't think about this stuff very much since I am who I am, and nothing anyone else does or says will change that anyway.

I'm actually pretty willful (for a shy person who turns red and fidgety when people talk to them).

Also, chemistry is evil. *remembers high school chemistry*

Re: Hi there

Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:15 am
by Suracis
Lazy_scorpio wrote:I just go by the usual he/she. If we were talking face to face, I'd be perfectly fine with being called by what I am physically. As this is the internet and you cannot exactly see me, however, you may refer to me as he or she. I'm not very concerned with pronouns and it's easier for everyone (including the lazy me). I honestly don't think about this stuff very much since I am who I am, and nothing anyone else does or says will change that anyway.

I'm actually pretty willful (for a shy person who turns red and fidgety when people talk to them).

Also, chemistry is evil. *remembers high school chemistry*
Wait a second, for some reason, I didn't catch you saying something similar in your introduction.

You don't identify with either gender? What about in real life?

Re: Hi there

Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:22 am
by Lazy_scorpio
I just go by my (biological) sex in real life. I don't feel like explaining these things to the people around me since I don't really see it as a major concern (too much apathy on my part I guess). Plus, I'm still trying to figure these things out myself. On the internet though, I prefer not to go by either.

(I'm not sure how well I'm explaining this.)

Re: Hi there

Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:28 am
by Suracis
Lazy_scorpio wrote:I just go by my sex in real life. I don't feel like explaining these things to the people around me since I don't really see it as a major concern (too much apathy on my part I guess). Plus, I'm still trying to figure these things out myself. On the internet though, I prefer not to go by either.
I see. Well then, I hope you'll be able to figure it out. Hopefully, something will click in one of these discussions on the forum. And if that doesn't happen, it most certainly will happen in your real life. Until next time, my good friend.
► Show Spoiler

Re: Hi there

Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 3:47 am
by nohyde12
you guys have some interesting discussion ..i enjoy reading it all

Re: Hi there

Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 4:11 am
by Lazy_scorpio
nohyde12 wrote:you guys have some interesting discussion ..i enjoy reading it all
Well, humans are interesting creatures. It's part of the reason I have an interest in psychology and sociology (to some extent). Although, the people on this site are particularly interesting (and colorful) individuals. It looks like it will be great fun messing with discussing stuff with everyone. :D

By the, is anyone else interested in astrological signs? (Bet you can't guess mine)