I Bit of an Intro to Me

New here? Come and check the forum rules & introduce yourself here!
Marauder4
Kickstarter Backer+
Kickstarter Backer+

I Bit of an Intro to Me

Postby Marauder4 » Fri Apr 01, 2016 5:14 am

It seemed like quite a few people were giving short introductions to themselves and since I want to be kinda active on this forum I thought it would be a good idea to do one too.

Hello People, I'm really new to the yaoi culture. I don't know a lot about it (meaning the manga, anime, Japanese culture and anything similar). A friend recently got me into anime and Japanese culture and she also introduced me to yaoi.

I'm an 18 year old dude and I'll be a 19 year old dude in June. So the upper middle of Midwest America, which the pioneers stole from the Native Americans, is where I currently reside in my mom and dad's basement (living the stereotype). Right now I'm a freshman in college studying Secondary Education with a focus on English, that means I want to teach English (Literature) to high school students 'til I die and I'm currently working as a Teacher's Aid at my college and I will be spending the entire summer (end of May to middle of August) working as a camp counselor. I've just started seeing a really awesome girl (sorry all you sexy forum people, but I'm currently taken :D ). I love reading, writing, video games, being passionate about my interests, being cynical, always being right, napping during rain storms, food, sleep, kids/teaching and a longer list of other things (ex. Anime, Japan, Manga).

I was bouncing around Kickstarter when I found a quirky little campaign for a game called Seiyuu Danshi. After a little reading I was sure I wanted to support the project. A couple weeks later and we're here. :)

Since I'm new to this whole culture surrounding yaoi I'm really just learning as I'm going along. So if you see me around on the forum and you reference something I might not understand, please give a little extra detail (ex. leave a link) because I really want to learn all about everything (I'm really trying my best here) :? . So far, everyone on the forum has been super cool, fun to talk to and really friendly :D . I hope to get to know a lot of you all over the coming months (even though I'll be gone most of the summer :cry: ) because we're all in here to hang out and hype each other up for Seiyuu Danshi, right?
-- M4

Suracis
Kickstarter Backer+
Kickstarter Backer+

Re: I Bit of an Intro to Me

Postby Suracis » Fri Apr 01, 2016 5:16 am

Welcome to the forum! We've already encountered one another elsewhere but perhaps we can meet again and have another conversation. Until that time, I hope you have fun with us!

P.S. Here's a present for you!

► Show Spoiler

camneliops80
Kickstarter Backer+
Kickstarter Backer+

Postby camneliops80 » Fri Apr 01, 2016 5:49 am

Welcome! Sounds like you've got a good handle on things so far. ^__^ If you ever have questions about topics/words/characters/whatever, please don't be afraid to ask-- we're more than happy to help explain!

nohyde12
Kickstarter Backer+
Kickstarter Backer+

Postby nohyde12 » Fri Apr 01, 2016 5:54 am

welcome, *throws confetti* feel free to ask us anything.
Yaoi is my HOPES and DREAMS 8-) ٩(๑❛ᴗ❛๑)۶

► Show Spoiler

Knightusagi
Kickstarter Backer+
Kickstarter Backer+

Postby Knightusagi » Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:47 pm

No worries we will hype each up each other till the finish line of this project! and beyond once we can play the game x3
Welcome, nice to meet ya~ :D
「好きにしろ」

KianWindmill
Kickstarter Backer+
Kickstarter Backer+

Postby KianWindmill » Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:17 pm

Welcome to the forum Marauder! :)
its nice to read that youre so intressted in becoming an teacher! To teach others is not everbodys talent! * ;)

Hope you have a great time here and many nice greetings! :D
~All your base! ~
Rainbow pirate flag HuHa!

Kind regards,
Kian nyahahaah XD

Lazy_scorpio
Kickstarter Backer+
Kickstarter Backer+

Postby Lazy_scorpio » Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:21 pm

'Sup, bro. Welcome to the forum. There is a glossary somewhere among the forums (general discussion - let's glossary) in case you want to brush up on your anime terms (not sure if you've been there yet) . :)

Marauder4
Kickstarter Backer+
Kickstarter Backer+

Postby Marauder4 » Sun Apr 03, 2016 4:54 am

Lazy_scorpio wrote:'Sup, bro. Welcome to the forum. There is a glossary somewhere among the forums (general discussion - let's glossary) in case you want to brush up on your anime terms (not sure if you've been there yet) . :)

Thanks for telling me about the glossary, I actually didn't know about that. Plus I found a nice Black Butler fan art in there (Black Butler is probably my favorite anime :) )
KianWindmill wrote:Welcome to the forum Marauder! :)
its nice to read that youre so intressted in becoming an teacher! To teach others is not everbodys talent!

Thanks Kian :D !! I am really passionate about teaching & English and I just love doing it! I also plan to minor in German, so maybe one day I'll have the privilege to teach German rather than just study it :P
-- M4

nohyde12
Kickstarter Backer+
Kickstarter Backer+

Postby nohyde12 » Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:03 am

NICEEE!!
Yaoi is my HOPES and DREAMS 8-) ٩(๑❛ᴗ❛๑)۶

► Show Spoiler

keyxmakerx
Kickstarter Backer+
Kickstarter Backer+

Postby keyxmakerx » Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:25 am

Just in case you needed the LINK to the glossary. :)

Welcome to the forums, sorry to see your tak.. i mean hope you have fun? ;)

► Show Spoiler
*No Longer Present On Forums*

Return to “Welcome!”