Hatsukoi High

Interested in doing an RP? Here's the place!
SpecialAay
Kickstarter Backer+
Kickstarter Backer+

Re: Hatsukoi High

Postby SpecialAay » Sat Apr 30, 2016 12:21 am

Off Topic
Yay, people participating! *hugs everyone like the awkward person she is*
Oh good, thought Hiroki with relief as he quietly watched the interaction between Ritsuka and the other boy. It looks like he's already making friends. Maybe he won't be quite as lost as I thought he'd be. As that thought crossed his mind, Hiroki felt a little sting of disappointment. Wait... why does that upset me? Was I hoping to be senpai to the rescue all the time? Ugh, get yourself together Hiroki. Just because you always wanted a little brother doesn't mean every kid you're nice to wants to be treated like one.

Hiroki sighed in irritation at his unwanted emotions, but a quick glance in Ritsuka's direction had him quickly recomposing himself. The boy was staring at him. Not wanting to appear cold, he gave a small wave and an awkward smile. Whatever other interaction they would have would have to wait, though. The ceremony was starting...
Off Topic
Okay, I've probably gotten a little too excited about this... I'm already writing backstory and such in my head for Hiroki. ^^; I, er.... don't get out much...

pupcuz1
Kickstarter Backer+
Kickstarter Backer+

Postby pupcuz1 » Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:26 am

Off Topic
I now want Osamu to be the reluctant friend. You know, the one that really does not see the super happy person as their friend on the surface, but underneath it all eventually gives in and accepts it. Also, it is time for our romantic pair to meet up once more.
Ritsuka felt a bit better making his acquaintance with Osamu-san. Sure it had been extremely reluctant, but with Ritsuka's sometimes incurable shyness, taking such a big step as this was a huge victory for him. Of course, this meant he now had to hope against hope that he would be in Ritsuka's class or the poor first year was going to have to do that all over again. No. He would make friends. He couldn't just hope that Hiroki-senpai would be there for him all the time. He had to prove that he would make a good boyfriend by showing he could be independent.

He turned his attention back to Hiroki-senpai to be rewarded with a smile and a wave. "He remembers me! He must care as much as I do if he could still recognize me enough to wave," he thought, feeling his heart swell and his cheeks burn slightly. He sadly could not return the gesture as he heard a voice coming from the podium up front. He turned his attention forward, focusing on the introductions, general congratulations for the new students, and a final welcome to the school and wish for all to do their best. It was all Ritsuka could do to not jump out of his seat and run over to his senpai when the ceremony ended. He did walk rather briskly for someone trying to act somewhat casual in this situation.

"Hiroki-senpai? I am not sure if you remember me, but I was that middle school student you helped before coming here. I just wanted to say thank you again and hope you will take care of me as a new student here," he said quickly, bowing deeply. It was only after the words were out of his mouth that he realized he used the older boy's given name. "I am so sorry! I should not have called you that without your permission, Ootori-senpai! Forgive me! It came out without thinking. I am a bit nervous for my first day," he explained, bowing again and again, knowing his face was bright red. "Way to completely mess this up, Ritsuka," he thought, yelling at himself.
Off Topic
And Ritsuka is off to a fantastic start on his quest for love.
I'm simply one hell of a butler. -Black Butler

Suracis
Kickstarter Backer+
Kickstarter Backer+

Postby Suracis » Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:37 am

Cracking his neck, Osamu zipped through crowds of people, trying to find the exit. Instead, he found a familiar face of someone who spoke to him earlier. That's the kid who tried to make conversation with me. I wonder who he's talking to... Peering his eyes at the other boy, he looked oddly familiar. Wait a second, isn't that... shit, it is. Suddenly seeing the younger boy turn red and bow his head, Osamu didn't understand what was happening. Let me just get out of here before either of them notice me. This would be easier if they weren't standing right next to the exit! Seeing a group of girls walking towards the door to freedom, Osamu quickly stood on the opposite side, completely avoiding the boys' line of sight. Well, that worked out well.

"Osamu!" Before he could turn his head, his arm was being pulled back into the gym. Once he stopped moving, he quickly adjusted himself to the sight of the two boys he tried avoiding. "This is Ootori-senpai!" Narrowing his eyes, he glared at the boy who was still holding onto his arm.

"Since when did we get so familiar that you could start calling me by my first name? And without an honorific? You must be one of those overly-friendly types, aren't you?"

SpecialAay
Kickstarter Backer+
Kickstarter Backer+

Postby SpecialAay » Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:51 am

Off Topic
so it's 2:30 in the morning and I'm writing this from my phone, so please excuse any grammatical or autocorrect errors in my post ^^;
Before Hiroki could even get out of his chair, Ritsuka had zipped to his side. Bewildered, Hiroki blinked slowly as he processed the boy's hurried words. He was so startled that at first, he didn't even react to his given name being used.

"Ah, er..." he stuttered, trying to slow down Ritsuka as he launched into his bowing and apologies. As soon as he could get a weird in edgewise, he was holding up a hand for a time out. "It's okay Tanaka-san, you can call me Hiroki if it makes you more comfortable." Hiroki smiled in amusement at the relief on the boy's face.

As Ritsuka pulled Osamu over excitedly to introduce them, Hiroki let out a gentle chuckle. "I'm very glad to see you're making friends." He was pointedly ignoring Osamu's protests. In fact, seeing the resistance made him more than a little happy. With the way that kid is responding, it looks like Ritsuka needs me after all. Alright, onii-chan to the rescue!

pupcuz1
Kickstarter Backer+
Kickstarter Backer+

Postby pupcuz1 » Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:22 am

Off Topic
I think I have you beat by typing this at 4 am on my phone. Ahh the joys of insomnia. I'll fix errors in the morning if there are any.
While Ritsuka appreciated Hiroki-senpai's forgiveness and permission, he couldn't help but still feel the shame and embarrassment of messing up this meeting. He started looking and thinking as he spoke, trying to come up with something to make this go better.

"Thank you, Hiroki-senpai. You can call me by my name, too, if you like!" he offered, the fear that the older boy might not even remember it hitting him immediately as the words left his lips. Clearly, his mental filter did not exist when it came to his hero. He needed a buffer, someone that could make this conversation better, somehow.

"Osamu!" he exclaimed, catching his classmate right as he was walking out of the gym. Maybe he could fix this! Of course... he had not been very pleased to talk to him earlier. ...Also he seemed to be giving Hiroki-senpai a rather dirty look, making Ritsuka wonder if they knew each other and had a poor relationship. Had he really made this even worse?!

It was only then that he realized his classmate was sneering at him and telling him off for his familiar terms. Ritsuka immediately began bowing and apologizing over and over. His father had told his mother not to let him get into bad habits like using familiar names, but as she was American, she frequently forgot herself. Something Ritsuka picked up on and still hadn't figured out how to stop completely. He let go of Osamu's arm, knowing that was not helping.

"I'm sorry about that. I just... wanted to introduce you to Senpai because I thought we could all be friends. But, you seem to know him already and are not friendly, so that was clearly a poor idea. I... I should just go before I make an even bigger fool of myself today. I hope you both work hard and have a good day," he said, making one last bow and heading to the nearest boy's room so he could be alone while he did his best to keep himself from crying like he used to do as a child.
Off Topic
I am leaving this as such in case one of them wants to stop him or if Suracis wants to use the moment alone to establish whatever relationship Osamu and Hiroki have before someone goes to find Ritsuka, then it's there. Plus, if anyone else wants to jump in, there is a very embarrassed uke in a boy's bathroom available. I just didn't want people thinking the leaving scene was weird.

Suracis
Kickstarter Backer+
Kickstarter Backer+

Postby Suracis » Sat Apr 30, 2016 3:43 pm

Off Topic
Hmm, I'll adjust to whatever situation comes my way. And if someone wants to join in, they can do it at anytime.
Shit, I didn't mean to do that. "Hey, you look sort of familiar. Do we know each other?" Glancing to the older boy, he threw a fake but genuine-looking smile. "I don't think so but I do want to say something." Switching his gaze to the direction the other boy ran in, he cracked his neck. "Your past will always catch up with you, no matter how much you try and run away. It'd be better if you acknowledge your actions and change. Otherwise, you'll simply be doomed to repeat history. Isn't that right... Senpai?" Without waiting for a response, Osamu briskly walked off, following the boy's direction. Weaving through the gym was much easier now that there were less people inside but there was still enough to hear loud chatter.

Standing in front of a door, it looked to be the boy's bathroom. Taking a deep breath, Osamu prepared himself mentally since he didn't know what to expect from entering. Pushing the door open, he quietly entered the bathroom, seeing no one else. Weird, is he in one of the stalls? From a good distance, he looked underneath each stall. Wouldn't want to be caught and be thought of as a pervert by doing this. As soon as a pair of legs was found, he stopped.

"Hey, why did you run off like that?" A couple of a seconds passed but there wasn't a response. Sighing, he leaned on the door of the stall, making himself more comfortable. "Listen, I didn't mean to upset you. I know I tend to be blunt but making someone cry isn't my thing."

"I'm not crying!" Hearing a sudden outburst followed by a sniffle, a smile creeped up on Osamu's lips.

"Is that so? Either way, I'm sorry." Hearing nothing else, he pushed himself off the door and turned towards the occupied stall. "Well, that was all I had to say but I wanted to make sure that you're okay. I suppose I'll see you around.... wait, what's your name again?" Hearing nothing but silence again, Osamu was about to say something until the other boy responded.

"Ritsuka."

"Well then, Ritsuka-kun, I'll see you later." Before he could walk away, the door opened, revealing Ritsuka who now stood in front of Osamu.

SpecialAay
Kickstarter Backer+
Kickstarter Backer+

Postby SpecialAay » Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:27 pm

Off Topic
Ooooh, intrigue... me likey! I'm at a computer this time so hopefully errors will be at a minimum. I'm going to reveal what Hiroki did so this may be a long post.
Hiroki was beyond confused at this point. He sat back down in his chair and scratched the back of his head trying to sort through his thoughts. Apparantly Ritsuka was more sensitive than he'd anticipated, and seeing him run off like that worried him. But he was more worried about the words Osamu had spoken... "Your past will always catch up with you, no matter how much you try and run away. It'd be better if you acknowledge your actions and change. Otherwise, you'll simply be doomed to repeat history. Isn't that right... Senpai?" The words circled in his head, trying to connect with something, but failing miserably. He had said they didn't know each other, but those words indicated otherwise. But he couldn't quite put his finger on the familiarity of this boy... and then it hit him.

It had been last year, while Hiroki was a first year at Hatsukoi High. He had been walking home from basketball practice and passing his old middle school when he heard loud laughter coming from behind the shed that held the school's gardening tools. It wasn't nice laughter either. It was the kind of wicked laughter he'd been subjected to so many times in the past. He stopped to listen.

"Ugh, you don't do anything but work in the garden! Don't you have a life?" chastised a girl's voice. "Probably not," chimed in another girl. "She's so ugly only the plants want to hang around with her." A chorus of laughter followed, and a small voice let out a low sob.

"P-please..." trembled the small voice. "S-s-stop it..." This, however, only drew more laughter from the previous speakers. Hiroki had heard enough to know someone was being bullied. He dropped his bag where he stood and rounded the corner of the shed. A group of girls looked up in surprise, but he paid more attention to the girl kneeling on the ground, tears streaming down her face. He placed a soothing hand on her back.

"Don't you guys have anything better to do than bully people who actually take care of their responsibilities?" he asked sharply, glaring at the girls. Most of them turned red and they all left in a hurry, whispering about how pissing off such a hot guy was soooooo not cool. "Are you okay?"

"They're right..." the girl on the ground sniffled. She took off her thick glasses and wiped them on her shirt. "I am ugly. I don't have any friends. That's why I'm always in the garden..."

"That's not true!" Hiroki cried out, his brotherly instincts taking over. "I think you're very pretty! Those girls are just jealous! What's your name?"

The girl's tears stopped immediately and she looked up at Hiroki with huge shining eyes. "Jinguuji... Jinguuji Michiko."

Hiroki knew now that he'd said the wrong thing. He had just been trying to cheer the girl up, but she'd taken it to mean a whole lot more.

Over the following months, Michiko spent as much time as she could chasing Hiroki around. She attended all his basketball games and even made him lunch. She'd sneak over to the high school during lunch to try and find him. Hiroki did the best he could to humor the girl. She seemed so lonely that he just couldn't send her away even though her constant presence had begun to make him uncomfortable. Everything changed she confessed to him.

"Ah, um... Ootori-senpai," she stammered. She called him out after school to meet under the cherry trees. She bowed deeply and held out a pink envelope to him. "Please accept my feelings!!"

Hiroki was shocked. He didn't know what to say. He'd never felt anything but brotherly affection for the girl. He stood in silence for a good thirty seconds, chewing his lip trying to figure out how to let the girl down gently. "Oh, Jinguuji-san, I'm flattered, but..." he hesitated, seeing the tears already falling from her downturned face hitting the ground. "I can't accept this..."

She looked at him, desperation in her eyes. "You were the only one who was ever nice to me! I'm in love with you! Can't you even try?"

Hiroki smiled sadly at her and bowed deeply himself. "I truly am flattered, but I just don't feel the same... I'm sorry. I hope we can remain friends...?" Before he had even finished speaking, he heard her feet pounding the ground as she ran, dropping the envelope. He could still hear her loud sobbing as she sprinted away from him, leaving him dumbfounded and unsure of himself. Had he... just broken her heart...?

He was snapped out of his thoughts by the sound of crunching metal and shrieks. He took off after Michiko, leaving everything behind. The bottom dropped out of his stomach as the road came into view. A figure lay on the ground, people buzzing around it. A car, it's front bumper dented, idled quietly behind the crowd, and a man, presumably the driver, was frantically calling paramedics. The figure on the ground was Michiko. This was his fault. His fault entirely. If only he hadn't mislead her... if he hadn't broken her heart... if he'd have just chased her down sooner...!!

Hiroki never found out what happened to Michiko. He never saw her again, even though he had tried to visit her several times in the hospital. He was always turned away. But there was something important in this memory. Something that he was trying to remember... something that tied everything together...

A lightbulb went off in his head. He'd only met the boy once, but Michiko had had a twin brother. He finally put two and two together. "Osamu... it can't be..." He jumped to his feet. Osamu had run after Ritsuka. What if he told him about Michiko...? Hiroki felt he probably deserved whatever disdain Ritsuka would have felt had Osamu told him that story, but still... he didn't want this! He would make up for his actions with Michiko! He would be totally straightforward and honest with Ritsuka. No misleading. No broken hearts. He just wanted to be friends... right?

Hiroki quickly left the gym and barged into the bathroom. "Tanaka-san, I-" he paused mid-sentence, seeing Osamu and Ritsuka standing face to face. "Oh... Jinguuji-san, I..." He unconsciously used Osamu's surname even though he'd been introduced as only 'Osamu'. "I-I-I, uh, hello again...? I remember you now..."
Off Topic
Phew, that was long... that got dark. Sorry, I thought it was a good plot device, but I didn't want to outright kill her. I'll leave it up to someone else what happened to her afterwards.

pupcuz1
Kickstarter Backer+
Kickstarter Backer+

Postby pupcuz1 » Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:37 pm

Off Topic
I will reply after Suracis because things just became like camping: intense. (If you don't get that joke, say it out loud in English)

SpecialAay
Kickstarter Backer+
Kickstarter Backer+

Postby SpecialAay » Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:49 pm

Off Topic
Bwahaha, that was terrible...but I laughed. *sets up tents and begins to camp*

Suracis
Kickstarter Backer+
Kickstarter Backer+

Postby Suracis » Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:00 pm

A smirk quickly grew on Osamu's face as he met eye to eye with Hiroki. "Oh? I'm surprised you know me. And if that's the case, then you must remember my sister, Michiko." Seeing Hiroki bite his lower lip, trying to tear his gaze away but simultaneously keeping them on Osamu amused the raven. Taking a deep breath, he cracked his neck, stepping closer to the boy who was barely inside the bathroom. "Ootori-senpai. That's what she used to call you all the time. But for me, you're just a coward. Do you even understand the pain you inflicted on her?"

"I..." Moments of silence passed as Hiroki merely stared at the floor between them.

"At a loss for words, huh? Then, would you even take on a fraction of her suffering?" Meeting his eyes once more, Osamu smiled.

"Of course I would. I'd do anything to make it up to her." Chuckling, Osamu was becoming more amused.

"Is that so? Then, what about this?" Slowly raising his right hand above his head, Osamu gave the impression that he would hit him. But stopped when he felt a small frame pulling his arm back.

"No! Don't hurt him!" Looking back to Ritsuka, he gave an entertaining look.

"Do you even know this guy Ritsuka-kun?"

"He saved me!" Surprised by those three words, he dropped his arm, waiting for him to continue. "Before, I got bullied a lot but he helped me one time." So you were saved one time and now you want to protect him? Sighing once more, he cracked his neck.

"I wasn't really going to hit him. I merely wanted to see his reaction. And besides, I have no desire to avenge my sister. She was stupid anyway for falling in love with someone like you. Oh, by the way..." Taking out his phone, he quickly scrolled to a picture of Michiko. "Hiroki, would you like to know what has happened to my sister since then? I mean, you must be wondering since you weren't able to see her in the hospital. Here." Shoving the phone in his face, Hiroki's eyes widened. "Good on her for finally realizing her mistake and changing her ways. Now, she's a popular model overseas. Perhaps when she comes to visit, I should let her know that I have her would-be Senpai in my school. Maybe we can even hang out?" Chuckling to himself, he shoved his phone back into his pocket.