Go, Go! Mahou Shounen!

Interested in doing an RP? Here's the place!
Lazy_scorpio
Kickstarter Backer+
Kickstarter Backer+

Go, Go! Mahou Shounen!

Postby Lazy_scorpio » Tue May 31, 2016 1:03 am

Premise: You're a normal freshman in highschool until one day you run into a mysterious child who gives you abilities to fight against another mysterious entity. Not just any abilities, but the same abilities you see magic girls have in anime. How lame! But then you save your crush and these powers start looking less terrible.

Mizuki (uke) - Hates the outfit and his new abilities. Reluctantly uses them to save others. Is a bit of a tough guy, but has soft facial features.

Kei (seme) - Captain of the karate team, Mizuki's classmate, and his crush. Was saved by Mizuki and ended up finding out his identity. Helps Mizuki when he can as a sentai hero (Like a power ranger or kamen rider).

(This one is meant to be light and comedic)

Have fun!
Last edited by Lazy_scorpio on Sun Jun 05, 2016 3:57 am, edited 2 times in total.

pupcuz1
Kickstarter Backer+
Kickstarter Backer+

Re: Go, Go! Mahou Shounen!

Postby pupcuz1 » Sun Jun 05, 2016 3:46 am

Off Topic
I call dibs on the villain. It will keep it from getting dark, but every superhero needs a villain.
I'm simply one hell of a butler. -Black Butler

Lazy_scorpio
Kickstarter Backer+
Kickstarter Backer+

Postby Lazy_scorpio » Sun Jun 05, 2016 3:48 am

pupcuz1 wrote:
Off Topic
I call dibs on the villain. It will keep it from getting dark, but every superhero needs a villain.

Off Topic
But of course! May you be a fine villain.

SpecialAay
Kickstarter Backer+
Kickstarter Backer+

Postby SpecialAay » Sun Jun 05, 2016 3:52 am

Off Topic
Oooh, I call Mizuki if that's cool. This will be fun. I'm imagining something like Cute High Earth Defense Club Love!! (Don't ask me for the Japanese name, it's too long for me to remember xD)

Lazy_scorpio
Kickstarter Backer+
Kickstarter Backer+

Postby Lazy_scorpio » Sun Jun 05, 2016 3:58 am

SpecialAay wrote:
Off Topic
Oooh, I call Mizuki if that's cool. This will be fun. I'm imagining something like Cute High Earth Defense Club Love!! (Don't ask me for the Japanese name, it's too long for me to remember xD)

Off Topic
Role is yours. Have fun.

pupcuz1
Kickstarter Backer+
Kickstarter Backer+

Postby pupcuz1 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:23 am

Yasamoto Masa was walking home, frustrated. He had spent all day in class with morons, gotten the second highest grade in class behind that Kei bastard again, and was just ready to relax for once since his annoying siblings would all be busy for once in their lives rather than bothering him. He was only a few blocks from home when some little... child, for lack of a better term, showed up out of no where in his path. It was almost doll-like in complexion, with an eerie sort of wisdom hidden behind its eyes. Frankly, it creeped Masa out.

"Kid, I don't know who you are or where you came from, but clearly your parents taught you no manners. I won't be the one to do so either," he growled to the child. His frustration was met with silence and a stare that seemed to freeze him to the spot. Their eyes were locked for far longer than anyone should ever share eye contact, but the child's gaze refused to let Masa's go. After an incredibly pregnant pause, it finally spoke.

"There is so much anger and envy burning in your heart and mind. It threatens to tear you in twain. I am going to show you what I see in you by letting you see it in others. May their pain be a lesson to you," it said, gently touching both of his eyes. Masa had just enough time to close them, but when he opened them again, the child was gone. 'I think that kid has eaten way too many fortune cookies or something,' he thought before continuing his walk home.

He began to notice something different. People around him started randomly having some sort of green and red auras. A shop owner was shouting at a delivery person's clumsiness that caused some fruit to spill onto the ground. The owner's aura was bright red and snaked around the delivery person. A pair of friends were walking, one with the latest phone in his hand. The other clouded by the green aura with its tail twisted around the phone. The green one had a hunger in his eyes that only owning that phone could cure. It only took a few moments for the child's words to make sense in Masa's mind. The auras were people's anger and envy or jealousy. He didn't know what the kid thought he would learn from this, but he knew what he was going to do with this information instead: have some fun.

He walked up to two girls he noticed were watching him and blushing when he glanced their way. He knew well enough that they were attracted to him. Perfect test subjects. He walked up to them and began specifically talking to one and one alone. While he did so, he hoped the other girl would get envious. He noticed that whenever he specifically thought that, though, her green aura that was quickly growing would expand significantly more than his flirting did. She's not as pretty as you. Why is she getting his attention? I hate her! She is just looking for attention. He thought these things and imagined implanting them in her mind. It seemed to work as the green had doubled in size and the girl was suddenly throwing a shopping bag at her incredibly clueless friend.

He could not believe what had just happened. He didn't know if the kid had meant to do that, but the creepy child had done more than let him see the anger and envy in people's hearts. The thing had given Masa power over it. Masa would use it, too. Friends would be enemies. Lovers would be no more. He was no longer going to be the only one suffering. He was going to be the only one free of it. He would need a name, though. One that people would remember.

The Manipulator. Because he was done just letting life kick him while he was down. No. He would manipulate the world, now.

Off Topic
This is Masa, by the way!
► Show Spoiler
And this is his costume, minus a black mask that goes on like Captain America's does and black boots.
► Show Spoiler
Last edited by pupcuz1 on Fri Jun 10, 2016 4:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm simply one hell of a butler. -Black Butler

SpecialAay
Kickstarter Backer+
Kickstarter Backer+

Postby SpecialAay » Fri Jun 10, 2016 4:07 am

Kagamine Mizuki had never been anybody special. He was an average student, an average athlete, and an all-around average looking kid. He wasn't terribly sociable but didn't have any particular enemies. Everything about him was bland, even his performance in the karate club. Though he'd never admit it aloud, the only reason he was even on the team was because his crush happened to be the captain.

On that fateful day, Mizuki was walking home from karate practice, feeling particularly discontent with his life. Nothing exceptional happened. He was pretty sure his crush didn't even know he existed no matter how hard he tried. He was just walking past an alley between two tall buildings, sighing to himself, when he heard a loud crash and scream coming from the back of the ally. Startled, he froze, staring into the darkness. Before his eyes, a small, child-like figure seemed to materialize out of the darkness. The pallor of the child's skin was ghastly, like porcelain, and its white hair and strangely mature-looking red eyes were extremely unsettling. Before he could move out of the way, the child barreled into him, knocking him onto his rear and landing in his arms.

"They're coming!" said the child. It pointed to the back of the ally where something in the shadows seemed to be... writhing about. A low growling noise seemed to answer the child's frantic pointing. "I guess you'll have to do!"

Before he could even get out a, 'What in the world is happening?', the child smacked something onto his forehead. A burning, tingling sensation spread from the child's touch, and some sort of hard... gem? It seemed to be a gem. A gem materialized on Mizuki's forehead. It sunk slowly into his head with little ceremony. Suddenly, he felt something flowing through his veins; something powerful; something he wasn't sure how to describe.

"Repeat after me!" the child said hurriedly as whatever was in the shadows seemed to be coming closer. "Happy magic, transform!"

"What...?" Mizuki asked, dazed.

"Happy magic, transform! Just say it!!"

"Happy magic... transform?" As he said the words, whatever had seemed to take residence in his veins shot from his fingers in a flash of brilliant light. He had no idea what was happening, but suddenly he was standing in the same spot he'd just been sitting in wearing entirely different clothes and feeling the need to spout some sort of superhero catch phrase.

"You've lost your way, pitiful creature!" he said, the words pouring out of him without his consent. "Return to the path of happiness and all will be forgiven!"

"Not bad," the child nodded approvingly. The mass of black shadows congealed into something resembling a giant lizard standing on its hind legs at the mouth of the ally, roaring menacingly. "Okay, now, call for your happy scepter!!"

"You want me to what?!" Mizuki was beyond confused. The child looked frustrated.

"Hurry up!! Hold out your hand and say 'Happy magic, materialize!'"

Shrugging, Mizuki held out his hand. "Happy magic... materialize..." he said half-heartedly. The brilliant light that had changed his clothes shot from his hands again, this time forming a strange wand-like object encrusted with red gems. As he grasped the object floating in front of him, he suddenly felt a rush of knowledge and knew exactly what to do. He pointed the object at the creature and focused.

"Dazzling... SMILE!" He cried. A concentrated beam of energy shot from the end of his scepter and struck the mass of shadows. With an angry roar, it dissipated. With that, the wand disappeared and Mizuki fell backwards once again on to his rear. His head was spinning. What just happened?!

"Hey, nice work!" The child clapped happily, offering a tiny hand to Mizuki to help pull him up. "I guess I lucked out running into you! You'll do just fine."

"Wha-.... what? What's going on? What did you do to me? What are these clothes? What was that thing? And why am I wearing a stupid CROWN?!"

"One thing at a time!" The child sighed exaggeratedly, looking exasperated. "Okay, first things first... that shadow thingy was the materialization of someone's negative thoughts. I kind of, um... I gave someone some powers earlier and they don't seem to realize yet... the more they use those powers, the more these things are going to show up. I can't fight them myself in this form, so I gave you a Crystal Heart and made you a King of Happiness! You have the power of positivity! It's the direct opposite of those negative things, so you can fight them now." The child looked at Mizuki satisfied, as if all that had explained everything perfectly.

Mizuki had a headache trying to process what the child had said. "That made no sense. Why has my life become a magical girl anime?!"

"What's an-i-me?"

Mizuki sighed. "Nevermind. So now what happense?"

"Well..." the child thought for a moment. "When you want to power down, just say 'Satisfaction reached.' The Crystal Heart will materialize out of you and you'll go back to your normal boring self. Just be careful with that! It's connected to you now, so if anyone gets ahold of it and damages it, well... they damage you."

"What are you?"

"You can call me Moon." The child gave Mizuki a mischevious grin. "I'm on a mission, but it's top se~cret!"

Mizuki massaged his temples. No matter how he turned his head, the crown perched on top of it didn't seem to even wiggle. "What am I supposed to do now...?"

"Fight the negativity, obviously! The person who I gave powers to earlier seems to be full of negative thoughts, so I'll need you to hunt them down for me so I can take them back," Moon said. As the child spoke, their form seemed to shrink in a flash of bright light until the only thing remaining in the child's place was a white kitten with intelligent red eyes. "I'll stay with you like this for a while so you won't be alone."

Great. A talking cat now. He had to be dreaming. The kitten climbed up his leg and hung onto his shoulder.

"Moon?" Mizuki asked, head swimming. "Why me?"

Kitten-form Moon purred soothingly. "You were in the right place at the right time." The cat went quiet for a moment. "Hold on, Ou-sama. I sense another negative thought forming."

"I have to do this again?!"

"That way!" The kitten pointed with a paw back towards the school. "There's something forming over there! Quick, Ou-sama, run!"

Before he could ask any more questions, Mizuki's feet seemed to run on their own, dashing frantically back to the school gates. Something felt off in the direction of the school dojo. How he could feel that, he wasn't sure, but he ran that direction. As he rounded the corner, he saw another mass of shadows cornering someone against the side of the building. That someone looked very familiar.

"S-s-s-senpai?!" Mizuki exclaimed. It was Kei. He felt his heart begin to pound as the mass of shadows loomed closer to his crush, who had backed against the wall looking both scared and defiant.

"Oh no!" mewed Moon. "If it touches him, he'll be full of negative thoughts and unable to do anything anymore! Like a zombie! Quick, Ou-sama, use your powers to save him!"

"O-o-okay," Mizuki whimpered, feeling apprehensive. "Don't w-w-worry, senpai! I'll save you!"

Off Topic
I'm stopping it there so Kei can be introduced. I'm kind of thinking that Masa using his powers has the side effect of creating these shadow beings which he can maybe later learn to control as his minions? I don't know, I'm rolling with whatever pops into my head here. Also, I couldn't really find an image that matched my imagination of Mizuki, so I made one... here:

► Show Spoiler

Lazy_scorpio
Kickstarter Backer+
Kickstarter Backer+

Postby Lazy_scorpio » Fri Jun 10, 2016 5:14 am

Kei had been cleaning the dojo while wondering what to do to motivate the others. In particular, one of his own classmates who seemed to care very little about karate.

He wondered if he simply wasn't skilled enough as a captain. He sighed at the thought and prepared to go home.

Just as he was gathering his things, he heard a noise and turned around to see some a shadow creature coming towards him. He tried to attack the creature, but his attack caused no damage. The creature threw him and he hit the wall.

He immediately got up after hitting the wall and landing painfully. Though he was unsure of how to defeat the creature, he could not simply lay there.

Just as the shadow loomed over him, he saw his classmate. They had not spoken often, so his name escaped him for a bit. Then it came to him. Mizuki.

"Don't w-w-worry, senpai! I'll save you!"

He became worried as the thing attacking him was not so easy to defeat.

"Run away! I don't want you hurt because of me!"

Off Topic
Here is Kei.
► Show Spoiler

This is his sentai form (sort of)
► Show Spoiler

SpecialAay
Kickstarter Backer+
Kickstarter Backer+

Postby SpecialAay » Fri Jun 10, 2016 6:22 pm

"Happy magic, materialize!" Mizuki cried, suddenly not caring how stupid he sounded when his crush was in danger. He grasped the scepter and pointed it at the monster.

"Pitiful creature, you've lost your way! Return to the path of happiness and all will be forgiven! Dazzling...SMILE!!" A beam of bright white light struck the creature in its side, knocking it over as it roared and dissipated into nothingness. Moon clung desperately to Mizuki's shoulder as he ran up to Kei looking panicked.

"Satisfaction reached," Mizuki said off handedly, his clothes returning to his school gakuran. The Crystal Heart materialized as a necklace around his throat. Ugh, how stereotypical is that? I might as well be a magical freaking girl. "Senpai, are you okay?!"

"Stupid Mizuki!" Suddenly Moon jumped off his shoulder. It looked as annoyed as a cat possibly could. "Why did you power down in front of him?! No one will recognize you while you're transformed even though you look the same! Now he knows your secret identity!"

"...what?" Mizuki looked both confused and put out. "You mean he didn't know it was me?"

The kitten rolled its eyes. "No, you baka! Think, Moon, think.... how to fix this..." The cat started up at Kei for a few seconds before an idea apparently came to it. It scampered up Kei's leg until it perched on his shoulder. "Ou-sama is gonna need a sidekick I guess!" With that, it smacked Kei in the forehead with its paw, a blue gem appearing underneath it. "There, I've made you also a King of Happiness. What should I call you...?" Without regard for how Kei felt about all this, it came up with a name. "Ouji-sama. That'll work." Moon jumped nimbly off of Kei and back onto Mizuki's shoulder, purring in satisfaction.

"Uh..." Mizuki looked terribly awkward. The blue gem on his senpai's forehead had changed into a necklace just like his. "Sorry about... all this, senpai. I don't really understand what's happening, either."

Lazy_scorpio
Kickstarter Backer+
Kickstarter Backer+

Postby Lazy_scorpio » Fri Jun 10, 2016 6:41 pm

Kei watched as Mizuki spouted off a really embarrassing catchphrase and magically put on an equally embarrassing outfit. None of that mattered though once he saw Mizuki defeat the thing that was attacking him.

Once the creature disappeared, Mizuki and a talking cat approached him.

"Senpai, are you okay?!"

"Uh, yeah. I'm fine. Just a bit confused. Thanks."

Pretty much as soon as he finished saying that, Mizuki and the talking cat began discussing things he didn't understand. Well, this whole situation was hard to understand.

Suddenly, the cat tapped him on the forehead and a blue gem necklace appeared on his neck. Now he felt like spouting embarrassing lines about justice.

"What on earth is going on?"

"Sorry about... all this, senpai. I don't really understand what's happening, either."

Kei saw Mizuki's face and gave him a pat on the head and thanked him again. He looked at the cat.

"Can you tell us what's going on?"

Return to “Roleplay area (SFW only)”