Go, Go! Mahou Shounen!

Interested in doing an RP? Here's the place!
SpecialAay
Kickstarter Backer+
Kickstarter Backer+

Re: Go, Go! Mahou Shounen!

Postby SpecialAay » Sun Jun 12, 2016 3:44 am

Moon looked indignant. "They're not embarrassing! They're heroic statements!"

"They're stupid," Mizuki said, agreeing with Kei. He stood up and dusted off his uniform. "Senpai... I'm really sorry I got you involved in all this. I don't know about you, but I'm exhausted. Umm... can I make it up to you? Do you... do you want to get some ramen before we go home or something?" Mizuki felt his face burn again. "I mean, not like on a date or anything, just... friends? Like, team members! Yeah!"

Moon hit herself in the face with her paw again. "Mizuki, you couldn't be more obvious if you hit him over the head with it..." she hissed in his ear.

"Huh?" Mizuki whispered back. "With what?"

"That you have a crush on him, baka," Moon said, hopping off his shoulder. "I'll leave you two alone, then. Have fun."

With that, Moon disappeared into the underbrush, leaving Mizuki staring awkwardly at Kei, his face a deep crimson red.

Lazy_scorpio
Kickstarter Backer+
Kickstarter Backer+

Postby Lazy_scorpio » Sun Jun 12, 2016 7:07 am

Kei gave Mizuki a confused smile.

"You don't really need to make it up to me, but ramen sounds good. I know a good place. It'll be good for our little team to bond by getting to know each other over food."

The smile was more genuine this time.

Perhaps it was a little unfortunate that Kei was a bit on the dense side when it came to matters of love.

Kei saw a stray leaf in Mizuki's hair. He reached out and removed it for him.

"There. It must have gotten their while you were up there. Shall we get going?"

SpecialAay
Kickstarter Backer+
Kickstarter Backer+

Postby SpecialAay » Sun Jun 12, 2016 2:48 pm

Mizuki shivered and flinched as Kei got close enough to remove the leaf from his hair. If anyone had asked him a few hours ago if his crush even knew he existed, he'd have given a resounding no. But now... now they had been roped into this stupid 'Kings of Happiness' thing together. As he came to this realization, a goofy grin appeared on Mizuki's face. Now Kei had to know he existed! Maybe this had been a blessing in disguise after all.

"Sounds good!" he cheered happily. "Lead the way! I'm sure Moon will show up again when we least expect her... or least want her to."

Lazy_scorpio
Kickstarter Backer+
Kickstarter Backer+

Postby Lazy_scorpio » Sun Jun 12, 2016 4:37 pm

Kei laughed quietly at Mizuki's comment.

"You're probably right. Let's go."

Kei walked next to Mizuki to make sure he didn't lose him on the way. They finally reached an un assuming ramen shop and when they walked in, the delicious smells wafted over them.

"This is my favorite place. I hope you'll like it too."

They chose a table and someone appeared to take their order.

"I'll have shoyu and tonkatsu ramen. Oh! And some iced tea."

Kei turned to Mizuki.

"What would you like?"

SpecialAay
Kickstarter Backer+
Kickstarter Backer+

Postby SpecialAay » Sun Jun 12, 2016 4:49 pm

"Ah, er, same," Mizuki told the waiter, not really able to think about anything but the fact that he was having ramen with his crush. This was like a dream for him.

He made awkward small talk as they waited for their food, grateful when it finally arrived. He busied himself with slurping his noodles, hoping Kei wouldn't notice his flushed face. "Oh," he said, drawing back as he took his first bites. He gave Kei a genuine, warm smile. "This is really, really good! I feel like I could take on another 50 smoke monster things!"

He chuckled at himself before looking away awkwardly, quickly slurping up the rest of his noodles. He called for the check. "I'll, um, take care of this, since it's my fault you're caught up in this mess..." He counted out the correct amount of yen and left it on the table. "Should... should we go home...?"

Lazy_scorpio
Kickstarter Backer+
Kickstarter Backer+

Postby Lazy_scorpio » Sun Jun 12, 2016 4:57 pm

"Should... should we go home...?"

"Probably. I'm still trying to process all this and we have homework."

He smiled teasingly as Mizuki.

"Unless you wanted to spend more time with me? Should we hold hands?"

Kei laughed and patted Mizuki on the head. Mizuki seemed to be a little shorter than he was.

"Jokes aside, where do you live? If it's on the way, I don't mind walking with you if you want me to."

SpecialAay
Kickstarter Backer+
Kickstarter Backer+

Postby SpecialAay » Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:11 pm

Mizuki felt his face catch fire at Kei's words. He stood from the table, staring at his feet. "I... would like... to spend... more time with you..." he mumbled under his breath, then quickly looked up at Kei. "I, uh, live just down the street from here. In those apartments at the end of the block. I'd... really love to walk with you, senpai."

I'd really love to hold your hand, too, he thought, unconsciously rubbing his right hand with his left as he tried to imagine what it would be like to hold Kei's hand. "I should get home, though... my mom and sister worry a lot so they probably are wondering where I am."

Lazy_scorpio
Kickstarter Backer+
Kickstarter Backer+

Postby Lazy_scorpio » Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:27 pm

"I see. Then I'll walk with you and head home after that."

Kei continued to walk next to Mizuki while matching his pace. Finally they arrived at his home. Kei pulled out his cellphone.

"Since we're going to be working together, want to exchange contact information? It would probably be bad if I didn't at least know your number. I'll leave after that."

SpecialAay
Kickstarter Backer+
Kickstarter Backer+

Postby SpecialAay » Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:31 am

"Um... s-s-s-sure," Mizuki said. Internally, he was jumping for joy. His crush had just asked for his number! Granted, it wasn't because they were dating or anything, but still, it made him happy. He quickly exchanged phones with Kei and entered his information, hands chaking just slightly as he tried to type. ""There. Um... and... you can text me or call me anytime. It doesn't just have to be... about work stuff... you know? Also, we should probably, um, walk to school together... just in case something happens, right?" Mizuki's face burned. He took his phone back from Kei, feeling something akin to a jolt of electricity pass through him as their hands brushed. "S-s-s-see you tomorrow, senpai!"

With that, he turned and ran into his house, face flushed and a cheesy grin plastered on his face.

"Where in the world have you been?" his mother scolded as he came in. "I was beginning to worry."

"Sorry, mom," he answered, almost giddy. "I was hanging out with a friend after karate practice. I, um, meant to call you, but I got kind of... caught up and forgot. We got ramen, so I don't need dinner."

His mother smiled at him from the kitchen. It was very rare that her son actually hung out with anyone outside of school; it wasn't like he didn't have friends, he was just generally pretty reserved. "That's okay, then," she said, turning back to the dinner she was making. "Just next time call me, okay? Say hello to your sister on your way to your room. She was worried too."

Mizuki nodded and ran up the stairs. He tapped on the first door to his left. "Miyuki-nee, I'm home."

As soon as the words left his mouth, the door swung open. His sister, two years his elder and in her last year of high school, looked him up and down. Noticing the blush on his face, she grinned. "You were with that karate captain of yours, weren't you?" she teased, reading Mizuki like a book. "Did you finally confess to him?"

"Shhh, nee-san," Mizuki said, giving her a stern glare. "I don't want mom to hear. Yes, I was hanging out with him, but no, I didn't confess. However...." he held up his cell phone triumphantly. "I got his number."

Miyuki clapped her hands together. "Good job, ototo! Make sure you tell me all about everything that happens, okay?"

"Shut up, nee-san," Mizuki murmured, opening the door to his room across the hall. He closed the door and flopped onto his bed to the sound of her giggles. He fell asleep staring at the ceiling, a silly grin still on his face. For once, he was actually excited for the next day.

Lazy_scorpio
Kickstarter Backer+
Kickstarter Backer+

Postby Lazy_scorpio » Mon Jun 13, 2016 4:36 am

Kei modded.

"Yeah. Maybe I'll do that. I guess I'll be here tomorrow to walk with you. I don't live that much further anyway. See ya, Mizuki."

Kei walked home and contemplated on his day, but stopped when he felt a headache coming on.

He finally reached the place he called home and stepped inside. He saw that nobody was home and found a note from his older brother saying he had to step out to deal with police business.

His older brother was around 15 years older than himself and was the only family he had. He wasn't sad or lonely though. He had friends, the karate club, and his older brother. Now he even had a partner.

Kei went to his room to complete his assignments as quickly as possible. Once he finished, he looked at the clock and saw that it was late. He got ready for bed, but before going to sleep, he sent Mizuki a text.

"Good night, Mizuki."

He closed his eyes and drifted off to sleep.