Let's- Help me decide. ( Life Choices)

Talk about your general life here!
Melon4T
Kickstarter Backer+
Kickstarter Backer+

Let's- Help me decide. ( Life Choices)

Postby Melon4T » Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:28 pm

Hello, citizen of the world.

Hahah, I am currently 18 right now but I'm in university and currently, I'm being faced with a problem it's called the not being able to make up you mind syndrome. Hahaha, *sighs*... I've narrowed down like what I'd like to do in life but honestly there's is just too many options. I mean personally, I want to do teaching or business and I really love learning new languages. Therefore *punches fist the air* After Japanese, Korean you're next! So, I just wanted to know what your personal experiences are like right now and if you're enjoying your job and hopefully that will help me decide.

So currently... I'm thinking, what do?

So therefore, this may be a selfish topic ( lolol It's about me.. ) but I genuinely want to know about you and what you do. Oh and it doesn't have to be something far fetched like....
"I've travelled the seven seas looking for my long dead goldfish."
Yeah, it's a good life.

~Mel

Yeah, I know it's not my usual purple.
Say ..."I love you."
(////// )

camneliops80
Kickstarter Backer+
Kickstarter Backer+

Re: Let's- Help me decide. ( Life Choices)

Postby camneliops80 » Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:09 pm

I got a degree in English, and I currently use it at my job (I work from home as a transcriber). I didn't go into teaching because it isn't a good fit for me, personality-wise, even though multiple people suggested it. I took the classes, started the student teacher program... and just had to bail. It wasn't for me.

I don't regret my degree, and I like my job well enough, but I do wish I'd done more things while in college: taken more classes that interested me, tried classes and student groups on subjects I wasn't very familiar with, traveled more, worked more-- basically just experienced more, you know?

So, I'd say it's definitely worth it to pursue what you're passionate about, but it also doesn't hurt to be a bit more well-rounded. Whatever you decide, I wish you lots of luck! You've got your whole future in front of you, and I bet you'll do great. <3

Melon4T
Kickstarter Backer+
Kickstarter Backer+

Postby Melon4T » Sat Sep 24, 2016 5:03 pm

camneliops80 wrote:I got a degree in English, and I currently use it at my job (I work from home as a transcriber). I didn't go into teaching because it isn't a good fit for me, personality-wise, even though multiple people suggested it. I took the classes, started the student teacher program... and just had to bail. It wasn't for me.

I don't regret my degree, and I like my job well enough, but I do wish I'd done more things while in college: taken more classes that interested me, tried classes and student groups on subjects I wasn't very familiar with, traveled more, worked more-- basically just experienced more, you know?

So, I'd say it's definitely worth it to pursue what you're passionate about, but it also doesn't hurt to be a bit more well-rounded. Whatever you decide, I wish you lots of luck! You've got your whole future in front of you, and I bet you'll do great. <3

Ooo, Wise words from the great one. *KNEELS* I must now call you sempai. Show me more of your teachings...
lolololol

Thank you, miss. Your words are genuine and I will take it in to consideration. Your passionate words have touched me greatly. I wish you good health and happiness.

~Mel
>I know I seem crazy, but thank you very much. ^^
Say ..."I love you."
(////// )

camneliops80
Kickstarter Backer+
Kickstarter Backer+

Postby camneliops80 » Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:09 am

^__^ "Wise" is maybe a bit much, but thank you for your kind words. :oops: And I guess I qualify as a senpai due to my age, at least! So many young commenters with bright futures ahead of them...

evanevan
Kickstarter Backer+
Kickstarter Backer+

Postby evanevan » Sat Oct 01, 2016 9:20 am

Or you can just combine everything: make a business out of a language school. :D (Please don't take this literally.)

Anyway, regardless of your career option, learning a new language is always a good thing (look nice in your CV :P ). I'm not actually sure how flexible your university degree is, but, if you somehow can fit all your interest into one degree, go for it.

I realize I'm only giving a very general answer... Oh well, I'm a uni student myself and can't really talk much about working. But since I study psychology, I can always just CBT myself out of stress lol. So I'm not too worried about future :P .
► Show Spoiler

Melon4T
Kickstarter Backer+
Kickstarter Backer+

Postby Melon4T » Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:44 pm

evanevan wrote:Or you can just combine everything: make a business out of a language school. :D (Please don't take this literally.)

* thought bubble* Well now.... Business language school, now that's an idea... Hehehe heh..

General answer or not it was a very good consideration, Ahahah. *pats back*
Well now, we have a future psychologist in our hands. * Rubs hands together* How to deal, how to deal indeed.... Muahahahahah!!

And before you know it, I'm the owner of a business language school... *laughs*

~Mel
Say ..."I love you."
(////// )

Return to “Life talk”