Can Someone Help Me and a Friend?

Discuss everything that is not game-related here.
NeoGoddessNike
Kickstarter Backer+
Kickstarter Backer+

Can Someone Help Me and a Friend?

Postby NeoGoddessNike » Sat Jun 25, 2016 4:29 am

Hey everyone, sorry to be a bother and I hope it's okay to ask this here but a friend and I have been wondering for a while how to make visual novel games. Mostly we'd liked to ask if anyone out there knows what kind of software is normally or can be used to make visual novels but please feel free to share any and all information/advice on this subject. Thank you for your time :D

Neo Goddess ;)

Lazy_scorpio
Kickstarter Backer+
Kickstarter Backer+

Re: Can Someone Help Me and a Friend?

Postby Lazy_scorpio » Sat Jun 25, 2016 4:54 am

NeoGoddessNike wrote:Hey everyone, sorry to be a bother and I hope it's okay to ask this here but a friend and I have been wondering for a while how to make visual novel games. Mostly we'd liked to ask if anyone out there knows what kind of software is normally or can be used to make visual novels but please feel free to share any and all information/advice on this subject. Thank you for your time :D

Ren'py is a free software you can use to make visual novels. I think it has a tutorial on how to use it.

meyaoi
Developer
Developer

Postby meyaoi » Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:33 am

Yes, Renpy is the engine I use to make Seiyuu Danshi as well, since it is free and can be powerful when needed.

Though, the learning curve is a bit steeper compared to software like Novelty and Tyrano Builder, so you might want to check them out first for a first time game to get you more familiar with making VN.

Anyway, good luck!

NeoGoddessNike
Kickstarter Backer+
Kickstarter Backer+

Postby NeoGoddessNike » Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:16 am

Thank you both so much for your help!

Neo Goddess ;)

Return to “General discussion”