More Fiction Yaoi Games?

Discuss everything that is not game-related here.
SourShock
Yaoi Kouhai
Yaoi Kouhai

More Fiction Yaoi Games?

Postby SourShock » Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:44 pm

So there's lots of new yaoi and BL games coming out this year and that's great news and all, but I find that a lot of them have non-fantasy elements or just typical fantasy elements like animal ears on guys, simple fantasy outfits and worlds but nothing really different about them, or just a dark story. Nothing wrong with that of course (hell I'm even working on a game with kemonomimi boys in it), but why do you think there aren't games and stories that are on the same level as hentai or ecchi games?

I love almost all BL games that come out but I'm personally a bit tired of non-fiction ones with just a regular typical story. I would want to see more ridiculous stories that, I dunno, take place in space, have crazy skimpy outfits, guys with superpowers, etc. Do you think there aren't games like that because of the target audience? Do you think it's because game developers will think it won't sell well? What could possibly be the reason why there aren't more ridiculous stories on the same level as a harem or ecchi anime? :?:
When I walk in the Booty Song plays

meyaoi
Developer
Developer

Re: More Fiction Yaoi Games?

Postby meyaoi » Sat Oct 08, 2016 2:27 am

SourShock wrote:So there's lots of new yaoi and BL games coming out this year and that's great news and all, but I find that a lot of them have non-fantasy elements or just typical fantasy elements like animal ears on guys, simple fantasy outfits and worlds but nothing really different about them, or just a dark story. Nothing wrong with that of course (hell I'm even working on a game with kemonomimi boys in it), but why do you think there aren't games and stories that are on the same level as hentai or ecchi games?

I love almost all BL games that come out but I'm personally a bit tired of non-fiction ones with just a regular typical story. I would want to see more ridiculous stories that, I dunno, take place in space, have crazy skimpy outfits, guys with superpowers, etc. Do you think there aren't games like that because of the target audience? Do you think it's because game developers will think it won't sell well? What could possibly be the reason why there aren't more ridiculous stories on the same level as a harem or ecchi anime? :?:

I think it's just that BL game developers still don't have time to make games like that.
In contrast to ecchi games which are oriented for males, BL games are still just blooming :D
I have plan to make an RPG game that is... kinda borderline ecchi and makes use of some ecchi games mechanism, but no time to make it yet.

I want to play games like those too, and I think others are thinking the same? =)

Hajime
Kickstarter Backer+
Kickstarter Backer+

Postby Hajime » Sat Oct 08, 2016 5:44 am

Even if the main game not a yaoi game I do love the FE fates can in Canon have Niles and male Corrin be married. I think its more of an issuie of how you present your concept. I recently backed Legend of Rune which is a fantasy adventure Boy love novel with mages as the core cast so there is that one. but yeah if only for the variety I'd welcome some more fantasy inspired BL novels. I'm the same in wanting to play it. On that note is any wonder when playing Dragon age I was origins and 2 I was drawn to Zevran and Fenris more than the others.

Mystaira
Kickstarter Backer+
Kickstarter Backer+

Postby Mystaira » Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:40 am

Hey Sour~
Personally, if I made a BL game (well... okay, all I can do is draw so that ain't happening anytime soon...), it'd be all about the fantasy/supernatural characters (and story). Since I looove fantasy, supernatural, and the like~
Check out my artwork at my deviantART gallery.

Return to “General discussion”