Favorite BL game?

Discuss everything that is not game-related here.
Mutation
Yaoi Kouhai
Yaoi Kouhai

Re: Favorite BL game?

Postby Mutation » Sun Mar 27, 2016 7:55 pm

I think the first real BL I remember, or at least cared a lot about was a VN called Silver Chaos (I don't believe it was ever released in English, but back then only two BL games had ever been translated IIRC). I played the sequel and got all the fanboxes, too.

However I'm sure if I went back and played it again, I'd complain aplenty about the story or how some of the choices weren't very obvious or counter productive. Still, special place in my heart, and I'm also a sucker for anything fantasy based.

As for favorite? Not a clue. I'm looking forward to Seiyuu Danshi, obviously, but also a huge chunk of other non-Japanese original games. I think one of them might be able to take my favorite spot.
腐女子の化け物

Jai1579
Kickstarter Backer+
Kickstarter Backer+

Postby Jai1579 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:08 pm

wurpess wrote:
Minzyna wrote:
wurpess wrote:[Insert Captain America exclaiming "I get that reference!!" XD]

I liked that one too. Really need to get the expansion pack. (And get time to play it. >_<) I was a little sad that the coach didn't get in on the action in the 1st one. But glad to see he does in the 2nd. :D

Wait there is an expansion pack?? Or did you mean the one with the coach?

The sequel, the one with the coach, they had labeled it as "Expansion Pack." And I must haz! :twisted:

I have the expansion pack :D I'd highly recommend that you get it! :twisted:

Minzyna
Kickstarter Backer+
Kickstarter Backer+

Postby Minzyna » Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:16 pm

Jai1579 wrote:
wurpess wrote:
Minzyna wrote:

The sequel, the one with the coach, they had labeled it as "Expansion Pack." And I must haz! :twisted:

Is it only about the coach?

Jai1579
Kickstarter Backer+
Kickstarter Backer+

Postby Jai1579 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:26 pm

Minzyna wrote:
Jai1579 wrote:
wurpess wrote:The sequel, the one with the coach, they had labeled it as "Expansion Pack." And I must haz! :twisted:

Hmm... Id say.. Everyone is involved and the coach is involved in most of them. In some cases, hes not even there. But, there are a lot of scenes ;) especially towards the end.

Minzyna
Kickstarter Backer+
Kickstarter Backer+

Postby Minzyna » Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:35 pm

Jai1579 wrote:
Minzyna wrote:
Jai1579 wrote:

Hmm... Id say.. Everyone is involved and the coach is involved in most of them. In some cases, hes not even there. But, there are a lot of scenes ;) especially towards the end.

ohhhhh okay :D I was hoping that the blonde one and the mc (totally forgot their names) are going to have some scenes together

Jai1579
Kickstarter Backer+
Kickstarter Backer+

Postby Jai1579 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:37 pm

Minzyna wrote:
Jai1579 wrote:
Minzyna wrote:

ohhhhh okay :D I was hoping that the blonde one and the mc (totally forgot their names) are going to have some scenes together

Trust me, you won't be disappointed. :twisted:

nohyde12
Kickstarter Backer+
Kickstarter Backer+

Postby nohyde12 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:45 pm

nice!!
Yaoi is my HOPES and DREAMS 8-) ٩(๑❛ᴗ❛๑)۶

► Show Spoiler

Tenka
Kickstarter Backer+
Kickstarter Backer+

Postby Tenka » Mon Mar 28, 2016 4:22 am

The game that felt most professional in terms of art and storytelling was probably No, thank you! In general I liked this game, but I wasn’t the biggest fan of the "No, thank you"-implementation, I always found this to be more annoying than beneficial. Although the story was kinda well written, I’m usually not really looking for these dark themes in games like this. Probably one of the reasons why I was so excited about Seiyuu Danshi with its more light-hearted approach, more actual gameplay and no character deaths. The switching option Seiyuu Danshi will have would have also been nice in No, thank you!

I didn’t play DMMD, just watched some of it on YouTube, and honestly a lot of those endings just give me the creeps. Also way too rapey for my liking. So this actually isn’t a favorite of mine.

Bacchikoi is both cute and hot, but the strongest point is probably the art. I think Mazjojo and Zamius (main artists of BMP) are really skilled at drawing male anatomy from different perspectives, so the scenes are always looking quite nice. Regarding the story, it’s there and it’s mostly cute, but it’s more of a connector between sex scenes. However, this works quite well for the game, so I wasn’t too bothered by the lack of depth. In the expansion they axed the story altogether and made it just a collection of sex scenes. :D

If anyone hasn’t played it yet and is interested in more or less a huge sex scene with lots of routes and little story, then Sleepover could be interesting, also by Blackmonkey Pro. But it’s honestly just that, a giant sex scene of senpai noticing his kōhai. :D
If you’re going to hit it, hit it until it breaks.

wurpess
Kickstarter Backer+
Kickstarter Backer+

Postby wurpess » Mon Mar 28, 2016 6:59 am

Jai1579 wrote:
wurpess wrote:
Minzyna wrote:

OMG! Peer pressure!!! Now I REALLY have to get it. XD

Tenka wrote:If anyone hasn’t played it yet and is interested in more or less a huge sex scene with lots of routes and little story, then Sleepover could be interesting, also by Blackmonkey Pro. But it’s honestly just that, a giant sex scene of senpai noticing his kōhai. :D

I think that was the 1st one of theirs I had played. (I don't think Bacchikoi was out yet at the time.) It was really incredibly cute, and the "good/extended ending", so nice. @_@ And I would agree, the BMP artists are really talented. I love everything they've done so far. :D

Snakebite
Yaoi Kouhai
Yaoi Kouhai

Postby Snakebite » Mon Mar 28, 2016 7:44 am

My first BL game was DMMD.
My favourite BL game to date (which no one's mentioned yet D:) is Togainu no Chi, made by the same developers of DMMD. I absolutely loved the art style, the music, the plot, and the characters. I enjoy the games that are more dark and twisted, so this one definitely appeased to me on all levels, especially with the hot sex scenes yum~

Unfortunately as of right now I can't read Japanese so I'm stuck with only being able to play games that have been translated to English :( I also enjoyed Absolute Obedience and No, Thank You! Right now I'm also playing Starfighter: Eclipse, but I'm a bit disappointed with it... I felt they could have done a lot more with it.

Return to “General discussion”