Addicted to Kickstarter?

Discuss everything that is not game-related here.
deweydjb
Kickstarter Backer+
Kickstarter Backer+

Addicted to Kickstarter?

Postby deweydjb » Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:02 pm

:D. Has anyone else become addicted to kickstarter? I never really explored it til this game sento me over to it. I installed the app, and now I'm funding 6 more things, including a tarot deck, a cthuhlu card game, and a card game about poisoning a rat king, and I want to fund a board game about Ancient Greece. I think I like it because like here, we all work together to get neat projects off the ground, and gives me something to look forward to!!!

Anyway. That's all!

D

keyxmakerx
Kickstarter Backer+
Kickstarter Backer+

Re: Addicted to Kickstarter?

Postby keyxmakerx » Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:08 pm

Just be careful, because alot of them fail. Planetary annihilation was a game I funded and they got so much money, yet the game flopped horribly. :/
*No Longer Present On Forums*

wurpess
Kickstarter Backer+
Kickstarter Backer+

Postby wurpess » Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:35 pm

I had originally joined KS because an artist I watched on DA was trying to fund his comic book. (Non-yaoi and totally family friendly, btw. ;) Didn't give it another thought for another couple years when I saw a FB ad for a KS for the 'C is for Cthulhu' children's board book. (I had just had a kid at that point, and thought it would be great for him. ;) ) And then I went on a major streak of backing interesting children's books. I have backed 17 projects there, and of all those, I think I only backed 4 for myself. (The comic book that started me off there, Michael Stokes' latest photo books, this, and the "Fujoshi Trapped in a Seme's Perfect Body" manga.) All the rest have been books and stuff for my kid. XD

Nemo
Kickstarter Backer+
Kickstarter Backer+

Postby Nemo » Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:23 pm

I have backed a few things through Kickstarter, a couple of games and one art project.
Unfortunately, most of the things I REALLY want turn out to be way too expensive, even for early access. Occasionally I will toss in a few bucks because I want them to succeed. The rest of the time I just think "well, I'll buy it later". If I'm not getting the item, what's the point?

camneliops80
Kickstarter Backer+
Kickstarter Backer+

Postby camneliops80 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:11 pm

I've backed a goodly handful of games and books on Kickstarter, and only one has failed so far (a really promising-sounding game whose main writer basically went AWOL without doing any work). I definitely prefer to pledge to tiers with physical rewards (prints, keychains, T-shirts, etc.) when I can afford it, so if a Kickstarter wants to snag my interest, just show me some cute merch!

Suracis
Kickstarter Backer+
Kickstarter Backer+

Postby Suracis » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:49 pm

As long you do some research on the project and the creator and don't act like the guy in the picture, you'll be fine.
► Show Spoiler

nohyde12
Kickstarter Backer+
Kickstarter Backer+

Postby nohyde12 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:30 am

i try browsing but none of the current project caught my interest ..maybe the manga about trapped in a seme body sounds good ..maybe later..
Yaoi is my HOPES and DREAMS 8-) ٩(๑❛ᴗ❛๑)۶
► Show Spoiler

camneliops80
Kickstarter Backer+
Kickstarter Backer+

Postby camneliops80 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 5:25 am

nohyde12 wrote:i try browsing but none of the current project caught my interest ..maybe the manga about trapped in a seme body sounds good ..maybe later..
There's a really nice BL visual novel on IndieGoGo right now, but I'm not sure how much I should say, since the mods don't want us advertising.

nohyde12
Kickstarter Backer+
Kickstarter Backer+

Postby nohyde12 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 5:38 am

okay i'll check it out later. thank you!!
Yaoi is my HOPES and DREAMS 8-) ٩(๑❛ᴗ❛๑)۶
► Show Spoiler

camneliops80
Kickstarter Backer+
Kickstarter Backer+

Postby camneliops80 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 5:51 pm

nohyde12 wrote:okay i'll check it out later. thank you!!
No prob! Hope it's to your liking. :D (They have dakimakura... my greatest weakness!)