otome game or any Vn

Discuss everything that is not game-related here.
Snakebite
Yaoi Kouhai
Yaoi Kouhai

Re: otome game or any Vn

Postby Snakebite » Sat Apr 02, 2016 11:58 am

I used to play a lot of otome games when there were only a few translated into English, and now that we're getting a lot of English otomes I've stopped played for some reason xD

My favorite will always be Hakuoki. I loved the story, the characters, the art, and tbh the fact it was based so heavily on real life events. It was such a sad story (especially the anime..) but I absolutely adored it. Chikage all the way <3

I've also played Nameless, a bit of Dandelion, Backstage Pass... And some other otomes too. A lot came out recently for the PS Vita that I bought and haven't played yet though so I'd like to get back into that.

I've also spent so much money on Voltage games that I never got around to playing ughhh I really should xD I haven't really played any of the "newer" Voltage games but they're all quite interesting to me. In Your Arms Tonight is definitely my favorite, from the ones I've played it's the most "mature" in terms of story which I really liked (dealing with divorce, etc)

I also played Men of Yoshiwara (and some of the company's other games, tho that one was definitely their best) and hnnng it was awesome. I really want to buy it on Steam but I'm waiting and hoping they might port over the Ps Vita version of it to English as well...

Lazy_scorpio
Kickstarter Backer+
Kickstarter Backer+

Postby Lazy_scorpio » Sat Apr 02, 2016 1:57 pm

They don't seem to have any plans to update Serendipity Next Door or In Your Arms Tonight. However, they are planning to update 2 older apps (My Sweet Bodyguard and Kiss of Revenge), and one old but not that old app (Her Love in the Force). I can't wait to see what they bring out.

As for other otome, My favorite is Code:Realize. When it comes to indie games, I like Loren: Amazon Princess. Dandelion had some pretty bittersweet endings.

Mamoru is like my spirit animal (I can be pretty lazy sometimes).

By the way, this forum says any VN. How interested are you in other types of VN (like galge/eroge for example)? I already know of your interest in BL, so I don't really need to ask about that one.

princess-yosuke
Kickstarter Backer+
Kickstarter Backer+

Postby princess-yosuke » Sat Apr 02, 2016 2:44 pm

Oh my gosh Otome Games have officially been eating my life at the moment. I blame Voltage more specifically I blame Baba from Kissed by the Baddest Bidder and all the boys from Love Letter from Thief X (I HAVE A THING FOR PHANTOM THIEVES OKAY!?)

I also really really enjoyed Norn9, Code Realize, Amnesia and Sweet Fuse on the Vita. I hope more games come out because the Vita needs all the love it can get dammit!! AND DANCE WITH DEVILS CAME OUT A FEW DAYS AGO IN JAPAN I HOPE TO ALL THAT IS GOOD IT GETS LOCALIZED.

I also managed to download all the Dot Kareshi games last year, one of Rejet's lesser known series. And OH MY GOSH, it is one of the most hilarious otome games I've ever played. For those that don't know its essentially about this JRPG (Basically Dragon's Quest) where the MC is sucked into the game, but because she was lazy and skipped over all the sidequests and basically ignored all the character's story arcs, they've become bitter and their personalities twisted, so like the Knight who is basically a tank as become a complete Masochist, or the Demon King (VOICED BY SUGITA BY THE WAY) is a whiny baby because she managed to kill him in one hit. There a three games in the series and they're all pretty short since they're were meant to be drama CDs but oh my god they're the best! I definitely recommend them and I didn't even mention the voice cast for the game!!!

nohyde12
Kickstarter Backer+
Kickstarter Backer+

Postby nohyde12 » Sat Apr 02, 2016 3:25 pm

Visul novel i'm totally ok with eroge or galge...most of the Vn i play or read most of it is indie one like frozen essence , doppelganger,tower,mermaid tears etc.I have the 8 bit kareshi too..this game is short and hilarious..
Yaoi is my HOPES and DREAMS 8-) ٩(๑❛ᴗ❛๑)۶
► Show Spoiler

Monari
Yaoi Kouhai
Yaoi Kouhai

Postby Monari » Sat Apr 02, 2016 11:41 pm

Well i liked Amnesia and now reading starry sky in spring it's pretty fun

nohyde12
Kickstarter Backer+
Kickstarter Backer+

Postby nohyde12 » Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:10 am

that one cause me some weird phase...( got everything related to starry sky in this phase..)
► Show Spoiler

nohyde12
Kickstarter Backer+
Kickstarter Backer+

Postby nohyde12 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:45 am

Recently started re-playing Tokimeki and Storm lover......
► Show Spoiler

Lazy_scorpio
Kickstarter Backer+
Kickstarter Backer+

Postby Lazy_scorpio » Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:39 pm

I just started playing voltage's new app. It's pretty nice.

nohyde12
Kickstarter Backer+
Kickstarter Backer+

Postby nohyde12 » Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:22 pm

Lazy_scorpio wrote:I just started playing voltage's new app. It's pretty nice.
which one is that? i got so many install at once.
► Show Spoiler

Lazy_scorpio
Kickstarter Backer+
Kickstarter Backer+

Postby Lazy_scorpio » Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:09 pm

Bad Boys Do It Better. They added some effects to it which is a nice touch.