[Fanfic] MC x Toru - Woven

Interested in making fan-art and fan-fiction of our characters and share it with fellow fans? Here's the place!
soft
Kickstarter Backer+
Kickstarter Backer+

[Fanfic] MC x Toru - Woven

Postby soft » Sun Mar 27, 2016 12:19 pm

Part 1

10:50 AM

My stomach gave a sickening lurch as I stared at my phone, displaying the time with an eerie glow. The screen was the only source of light in my dark room; even the blinds had been drawn, masking the bright morning sun.

Numbers had never looked so ominous before--well, that wasn't entirely true.

Struggles with algebra in school, abysmal test scores, measuring my worth by how many "Friends" I had on social media, getting only 1 view on a video I uploaded--and now in adult life, my bank account had been in the negatives until just recently!

And no doubt it will revert back into the red zone if I don't get my sleepy ass up and hurry to the studio!!

Oh yeah, another thing that was numerically...notorious. There was once a time where I would have lamented waking up to zero messages, y'know, I'd feel a bit lonely. Can't say I feel the same way now! 27 text messages, 14 missed calls. Tocchan will have my head, one of these days. Or a heart-attack.

I'm surprised he hasn't already barged in here. I don't even have time to reply apologetically with a cute, sheepish emoji. I need to get out of here. Maybe he's already at the studio, bowing down to the floor for forgiveness on my behalf.

Uh, yeah, off with my head. The cold shoulder treatment, a dissatisfied glare or two if I'm lucky, and no home cooked meals for a month--the entire deluxe package of the "Tocchan is Angry Special."

I was supposed to be at the recording studio by 11:15 AM.

Tumbling out of bed, I at least had the decency to slip on a clean pair of jeans--I kept the shirt I slept in, 'cuz whatever. Just gonna be stuck in a box for a few hours, essentially. That's a perk to voice acting. I mean, you don't exactly have to dress up, but Tocchan trained me to be moderately presentable.

And just like a shojo heroine, I dashed out of my apartment with a piece of toast in my mouth. Everyone out of my way!

My hair was a fluffy, spectacular mess, but it'll be fine. I did regret not grabbing a coat or something. A hoodie, anything. It was a very, very cold day. I didn't really notice the chill too much, since I was on fire trying to launch myself to the studio as quick as humanly possible.

Once I was through those studio doors, I collapsed right into the warmth of the lobby, out of breath. Gasping like the wind was knocked right out of me, I glanced up at the clock above the receptionist's desk.

11:13 AM

Still crouched on the floor, I grinned triumphantly, pumping my fist into the air.

"...What are you doing down there?" A sharp voice pulled me out of my victorious trance, and when I looked up, I saw Tocchan's exhausted face. But at least he seemed relieved to see me, no matter how ridiculous I must have looked.

"Good mornin', Tocchan! Just...getting psyched up for work today!"

The stern line of Toshiyuki's mouth melted into something resembling a fond smile.

"Well then, if that's so, I can't help but be proud of your enthusiasm. Now, why don't you come with me and get 'psyched up' upstairs. The rest of the staff is already waiting."

He reached out his hand for me to take and helped me up to my feet. Tocchan seemed frazzled as usual, but he didn't look mad, which was a relief for me.

As we were heading into the elevator, he did give me a once-over, inspecting me out of the corner of his eye. I noticed the frown and the way his eyes narrowed in disapproval.

"You just got out of bed, didn't you." Toshiyuki sighed. "You had to come over here in such a rush, that you didn't even think to dress warmly. It's around 3°C today; you'll catch a cold going out like that."

And of course, Tocchan was speaking to me like I was a hopeless child, scolding me gently. I just smiled to myself, having grown accustomed to it these past few months. It's endearing; I'll take getting reprimanded over being ignored any day. I shrugged.

"Mmmm, well... To tell the truth, I was just running a bit late this morning... It's alright, though!"

Toshiyuki looked unconvinced, folding his arms. The elevator groaned and rattled as it ascended.

"Do you have proper winter attire? If not, we could go shopping this weekend. Spring is still far-off, and I need to make sure you're not burning your salary on frivolous things; you cannot go out in public--or in the studio--wearing your Magical Pon Pon kigurumi. That won't do."

I smirk guiltily as I avoid Tocchan's penetrating gaze. He hit the nail right on the head. He's starting to know how I think. That, and I suspect he's keeping tabs on my transactions...At least he's looking out for me, right?

"No worries, no worries! I just hadn't finish with the laundry, so I was just short on options--and no, Tocchan doesn't need to come over. I got it under control. We won't be having anymore incidents with the laundromat lady..."

soft
Kickstarter Backer+
Kickstarter Backer+

Re: [Fanfic] MC x Toru - Woven

Postby soft » Sun Mar 27, 2016 12:20 pm

Part 2
--
In the studio, outside the audio room where the recording booths are, there's this nice little waiting area with very soft chairs and a vending machine. In-between recordings, you can chill with fellow voice actors here. I've even fallen asleep here a couple of times.

Before meeting with the director, Tocchan was kind enough to get me a warm cup of coffee from the café. I hadn't realized how cold my hands were until I wrapped them around the carton. Aaaaahhhh, that seriously hits the spot!!

Today, I light up when I see a familiar face; a spunky little redhead sitting over in the corner, his skilled fingers bringing a knitted animal to life. I can't yet tell if the yarn creature is supposed to be a frog or a bear, but whatever it is, his creation is extremely cute and colorful.

Feeling just slightly more energetic thanks to the sweet caffeine, I casually stroll over to his side, careful not to disturb him. I learnt that the hard way.

He doesn't look up at me, doesn't give any indication that he acknowledges my presence; I expect this. I'm used to it by now. And frankly, I don't mind. Minutes fly by in pleasant silence, as I simply watch him do what he loves best. I watch his thin, nimble fingers. I'm sort of entranced. I bet they'd feel really nice on my skin, or twining through my hair. Uh, thoughts are wandering to unsavory territory, but really. He has beautiful hands.

I almost don't realize that his eyes finally fall upon me. He must have noticed that I was gawking at him just now with a dumb, drowsy smile on my face, but he doesn't stop or call me out on it.

"Toruru sure knows how to focus." The mindless praise just flies naturally from my lips.

His busy hands finally pause, only to set the amigurumi aside.

"It helps with nerves; doing things with my hands. I've been knitting and crocheting for so long now, it's like second nature. My mind actually wanders quite a bit while I'm doing it. It doesn't really take too much concentration."

"Yeah, well...I'm still impressed. If it were me, I know I'd be clumsy and poke myself with the needle all the time."

Toru chuckled, making a thoughtful noise. "Mmm. That used to happen to me when I first started sewing and stuff."

A staff member amicably greets us both, cutting our conversation short. She tells us the storyboard meeting will begin and then our recording sessions can start. Standing up, I stretch my body, feeling ready. Toru seems to give me a meaningful glance and I grin in response.

"Let's do our best," he says to me, just loud enough for the two of us. His voice probably sounds gruff to an unknowing ear, but looking over at him he gives me a small smile, private and genuine. I have butterflies in my stomach and urges, but that will have to be dealt with after my shift!

I playfully nudge him in the arm. "Let's work hard~."

soft
Kickstarter Backer+
Kickstarter Backer+

Postby soft » Sun Mar 27, 2016 12:22 pm

Part 3
--
I was scheduled to work on a part for a BL game.

I'm not the protagonist, but a secret lover of the hero's turbulent arch-nemesis. I play the role of a snarky, conniving guy who becomes jealous of the passionate love-hate relationship between the protagonist and his problematic rival. I end up having a pretty villainous part in this game, even if its just minor!

I have to say some pretty nasty things, but to be honest, playing a bad guy is kinda fun. And when there's a bad end sex scene I have to do, I can't help but channel some of my fantasies into the performance. When I was reaching the "climax," I imagined being stroked by Toru's deft fingers...Luckily, I didn't get too into it, otherwise I might tremendously embarrass myself with some literal pent up frustration (don't wanna walk outta the recording booth with a freakin' boner.) But the director thought I did a wonderful job! So...A job well done for me!

Money, money, money~.

Stumbling back into the waiting area, I bump into Toru just as he's about to leave.

We chat about our recording sessions for a bit.

"Oh? Your role actually sounds interesting. I really didn't have too much of a script. I'm Unnamed Classmate #2, after all."

"Pffft, haha! I've had a lot of those. My favorite was when I was Spacemonkey #8."

We rode the elevator together and walked into the lobby. He shared his water bottle with me. Indirect kiss, GET!!

Toru narrowed his eyes, glaring into the wintry afternoon through the glass doors. Zipping up his jacket, he glanced at me, who was wearing nothing but a faded old t-shirt. Short-sleeved and threadbare.

Stuffing his hands into pockets, he clicked his tongue--out of amusement or annoyance, I really do not know. One thin eyebrow rose inquisitively.

"So. Won't you freeze to death out there?"

Oh no. Just what I need. Another worrywart. Although, it does feel kinda nice for the brusque little Toru to be concerned for me.

"Nnn, haha I'll make it! I live nearby, so it should be okay." I decided to take a risk and give Toru's red hair a friendly ruffle. He ducked out of the way like he was annoyed, but kinda halfheartedly, I noted. He didn't swat my hand away like I was a pest. Whoa, it's like winning the trust of the neighborhood stray cat, finally being able to pet him without getting clawed in the face. He's so cute.

He did eventually grab my hand, but it wasn't to shove it away. He just held onto it. Ahhhhhh.

"Hmph. I thought that Toe-chan, or whatever, wouldn't let you get away with being so sloppy. I mean, look."

With his other hand, Toru plunged an index somewhere near my bellybutton. I flinched as I felt a ticklish sensation run up along my body. His finger had poked through a hole in my shirt.

"Ha--h-hey!! Ehehe. What, seriously? Aww, I didn't even notice that...Maybe I got it caught in some equipment back in the booth--hm, or maybe it really has seen better days. I usually just wear this to sleep. I didn't bother to change out of it this morning, though..."

Tocchan was probably (always) right. I suppose I need to do some clothes shopping...But. But I just honestly didn't know too much about clothes or fashion or whatever. Size, style--I have no clue. And besides, I much rather spend my well-earned paycheck on much more important necessities...like manga and rare figures...a new game system...LIMITED EDITION MAGICAL PON PON BENTO BOX SET.

Toru's expression didn't change, impassive as ever, but he just quietly looked into my eyes. Until something else caught his interest.

His knuckle lightly caressed along my collarbone; the collar of my shirt was also becoming frayed. I felt his touch through the thin, cottony fabric.

"Huh...One pull of this string, and this raggedy shirt could be ripped clean off your back. What would you do, then?"

"Uh...Be half-naked...I guess? My nipples might fall off from the cold...That would, admittedly, be bad."

"Mmm..."

Quiet and pondering again, Toru just hummed a sound of agreement, absentmindedly rubbing his thumb against the flimsy material. We were very close, and still just awkwardly standing in the lobby, but I didn't feel like breaking apart from the closeness.

Without saying anything more on the subject, he swiftly tore off his coat and handed it to me.

"Huh? Why are you--?"

"Wear that for now. See ya next week."

"Hey!! Wait!"

"In the meantime, go bother Toe-chan and get him to buy you some new clothes. He likes spoiling you, so he should easily agree. Later."

Toru threw the suggestion over his shoulder like it was nothing, sounding both strangely sour yet sincere.

He was wearing a sweatshirt underneath the jacket, but...I still felt kinda bad and bewildered, watching him run out in the cold like that, thrusting his jacket to me. Bah...

...While I had it in my grasp, I didn't dissuade his kindness, breathing in the smell of wool and cinnamon. Toru's scent.

I slipped the jacket on--luckily, Toru seems to have a tendency to wear clothes that are slightly too big for him. Wrapped up in Toru's jacket, I dashed out into the wintry breeze, smiling as I ran home.
Last edited by soft on Sun Mar 27, 2016 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

soft
Kickstarter Backer+
Kickstarter Backer+

Postby soft » Sun Mar 27, 2016 12:24 pm

Part 4
--
The next time we met, he had something carefully folded and wrapped in his lap. Looking bored and probably daydreaming about something or another, he peered out into the city streets, shiny skyscrapers towering all around us.

"Heh, what's that? Aww, a gift from a fan?"

He blinked as if he didn't notice me standing there.

"Erm...Toruru?"

One slight touch to his shoulder, and--and I gotta admit, it was pretty satisfying watch this cool punk ass guy jolt in surprise. He actually...looked a little flustered? Like he was a little unsure. There was a slight blush coloring his pale face. Hehe. Now his face matched his hair.

"Wear a bell or something, jeez..."

"Hm~. Heheh, sorry. But a collar with a bell would probably suit you better..."

"...W-Whatever. Look. Here, just--? Just take it." A little shyly, he pressed the present into my chest. The plain wrapping paper made a light crinkling noise.

It was for me...? But...Why?

Involuntarily, a bashful smile had spread across my face as I teared open the package. Unraveling out of its delicate confines, was a knitted sweater. The amount of unique detail that went into its abstract design--it was one of a kind. Nothing like what you can find in just any old department store. No, this was obviously handmade...made with care and creativity, made with Toru's hands.

The realization hit me like a lovey-dovey truck, and I unconsciously held the sweater closer.

It was soft, so soft, and felt warm. Durable.

I started babbling like a damn brook.

"I...I--I, this...Toru!! It's amazing...wha..."

"It's nothin'," Toru said. Obviously lying through his damn teeth. "It's nothin', just something I threw together during my free ti--"

Didn't let him quite finish, I crashed my body into his, enveloping him into a gooey hug. Filled with tears. The sweater squished right in the middle.

He froze mid-sentence, mouth hanging open like a fish, red eyes wide. He scoffed, but didn't push away. I was grinning from ear to ear, enjoying myself as I embraced his lithe form. I could rest my chin atop his head, clinging away.

He eventually...after standing there in shock and uncertainty, returned the hug. That made it so much better. It wasn't half-assed, either. He didn't treat me like I was breakable or disgusting, hugging back with all his strength. Firmly, securely. It was the best.

Toru broke away when he suddenly started lifting the shirt I was wearing over my head--hey, we're still technically on the clock here, aren't we?! Not that I mind a quickie or anythi--

"Just take this off already...I wanna see you wear it."

...Yep, I see you there, new intern--he's sneaking around the corner down the hall. Judging by his dopey smile, he likes what he sees. He's keeping a respectable distance and doesn't seem bothered by this at all. On the contrary.

Feeling too happy to care that we're right in the middle of a public building, I help Toru slip the shirt off, and wriggle into the knitted sweater he made for me. It's snug, but feels extremely comfy. It's gray and brings out my eyes.

Once I have it on, Toru is feeling the material, examining his work--and me. Visually, and hands-on.

"...I had to guess at some of the measurements...I wasn't 100% sure, but...does it fit okay?"

"Yeah! It fits great, it's the perfect size! Not too tight, not too floppy."

A ghost of a smile graced Toru's face just then, it was subtle--but I can tell how happy he is.

"That's good..."

"Heheh...Toru...Thank you. I'll cherish this always. Forever. Even when it's falling apart and all stringy from me wearing it so much. I mean it, I truly love it."

"Oh, it won't just come undone like a cheap scrap of cloth from the 100 yen store. The threads woven in that sweater..."

"--Are as strong as the thread of fate that has bound us together? As strong as your feelings for me? Hmmm? ♥"

"Nah, it's just high quality. You dingus."

Toru grabs my nose roughly out of spite, before stepping on the tips of his toes to press his lips against mine.

soft
Kickstarter Backer+
Kickstarter Backer+

Postby soft » Sun Mar 27, 2016 12:30 pm

Note: Um. I just. I couldn't get this idea out of my head. I had this cute scenario in my head where Toru wanted make a sweater for MC. And I can't draw, so I really wanted to try and express it through writing. I am incredibly sorry if I've butchered your characters in any way, @Meyaoi. I had fun writing this, but of course this is just my silly interpretation of how I imagine their personalities/interactions will be like. I really look forward to playing the game when the time comes and getting to know them all better. ♥♥♥

KianWindmill
Kickstarter Backer+
Kickstarter Backer+

Postby KianWindmill » Sun Mar 27, 2016 12:31 pm

I like the way you choose the words o,,,o Cool dialogues the setting clearly appearing in my mind! ;)

Somehow i used to think of cinnamon too about Toru <3 thats so cool, * lovin cinnamon ;)
~All your base! ~
Rainbow pirate flag HuHa!

Kind regards,
Kian nyahahaah XD

meyaoi
Developer
Developer

Postby meyaoi » Sun Mar 27, 2016 12:38 pm

soft wrote:Note: Um. I just. I couldn't get this idea out of my head. I had this cute scenario in my head where Toru wanted make a sweater for MC. And I can't draw, so I really wanted to try and express it through writing. I am incredibly sorry if I've butchered your characters in any way, @Meyaoi. I had fun writing this, but of course this is just my silly interpretation of how I imagine their personalities/interactions will be like. I really look forward to playing the game when the time comes and getting to know them all better. ♥♥♥
No worries at all! :D
I really enjoy reading fanfictions and it is always interesting to see how the others think of my characters' personalities just looking at their appearances & character descriptions
► Show Spoiler

Suracis
Kickstarter Backer+
Kickstarter Backer+

Postby Suracis » Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:03 pm

meyaoi wrote:No worries at all! :D
I really enjoy reading fanfictions and it is always interesting to see how the others think of my characters' personalities just looking at their appearances & character descriptions
► Show Spoiler
Hah, I really wanted to call you out for being sneaky but you were too straightforward about it :lol:

Knightusagi
Kickstarter Backer+
Kickstarter Backer+

Postby Knightusagi » Sun Mar 27, 2016 3:13 pm

Awesome! so sweet! Keep them coming other fanfics! :D
「好きにしろ」

soft
Kickstarter Backer+
Kickstarter Backer+

Postby soft » Sun Mar 27, 2016 5:18 pm

meyaoi wrote: No worries at all! :D
► Show Spoiler
Oh, I certainly wouldn't mind! That'd be so awesome, I'm happy you liked it! :') I was actually have terrible writer's block; your awesome characters gave me inspiration I really needed, so thank you!!

And thank you so much everyone for the feedback, I appreciate it so much. ;u;