Another backing opportunity?

Discuss everything about Seiyuu Danshi here!
Sierrus
Yaoi Kouhai
Yaoi Kouhai

Another backing opportunity?

Postby Sierrus » Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:39 pm

So this place looks kinda dead for some reason... Either way only Kickstarter backers are given special access right now, but I'd like to (and I'm sure I'm not the only one) donate something as well at some point. Why is there no donations open anymore for the rest of us for special rights? It kinda sucks being kept out of the loop of the main development info. I didn't even know this game was on Kickstarter until it ended and REALLY looking forward to it.

meyaoi
Developer
Developer

Re: Another backing opportunity?

Postby meyaoi » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:13 am

I opened late backing for limited period as well because I have to keep track of it manually and it takes time off of development.
I'd be happy to open late backing again if there's a platform that can do it automatically x"D

Anyway, we also update non-backers about the game development every month via Kickstarter and social media so non-backers are not totally kept out of loop =)

Sierrus
Yaoi Kouhai
Yaoi Kouhai

Postby Sierrus » Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:08 pm

We don't get any demos apart from the oldest one, though, and the social media goals are never going to happen. I also don't feel like everything is released to non-backers since the majority of it seems to be hidden during those monthly updates...

Btw Patreon always works for stuff like this, lol.

meyaoi
Developer
Developer

Postby meyaoi » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:27 pm

Sierrus wrote:We don't get any demos apart from the oldest one, though, and the social media goals are never going to happen. I also don't feel like everything is released to non-backers since the majority of it seems to be hidden during those monthly updates...

Btw Patreon always works for stuff like this, lol.

Well, even backers don't get the new demo though. We just haven't released it yet. And monthly update is a recap of Weekly Update :p (though sometime I don't bother posting sketches/WIP stuff when the colored/final version is available)

Patreon is neat, but I don't think too many people will want to be a patreon, since they have to pay in monthly basis (?)

Sierrus
Yaoi Kouhai
Yaoi Kouhai

Postby Sierrus » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:40 pm

I'm actually pretty sure both the backers that already participated in the Kickstarter and new people would want to support on Patreon, depending on the reward tiers and their price. The only issue I could imagine for Patreon creators is that usually they need to come up with rewards to satisfy the patrons, but for adult games it could come in the form of additional features in the game or special requests for higher tiers (though it could potentially increase the work required to finish the game, although with epic rewards we wouldn't complain~). Either way Patreon is a fantastic way to ask for support in art creation, and you definitely have a diamond in the rough here. c:

Check out Mikkoukun's Camp Buddy project, for example. That's another thing I'm REALLY looking forward to next to your game, and he damn well made sure to have me support him, which I actually don't do often. :P Just a good reward tier placement and maybe some advertisement so people know the Patreon exists and you'll be set~ But if you don't want an additional workload I guess I'd kinda understand that too.

meyaoi
Developer
Developer

Postby meyaoi » Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:33 am

Sierrus wrote:I'm actually pretty sure both the backers that already participated in the Kickstarter and new people would want to support on Patreon, depending on the reward tiers and their price. The only issue I could imagine for Patreon creators is that usually they need to come up with rewards to satisfy the patrons, but for adult games it could come in the form of additional features in the game or special requests for higher tiers (though it could potentially increase the work required to finish the game, although with epic rewards we wouldn't complain~). Either way Patreon is a fantastic way to ask for support in art creation, and you definitely have a diamond in the rough here. c:

Check out Mikkoukun's Camp Buddy project, for example. That's another thing I'm REALLY looking forward to next to your game, and he damn well made sure to have me support him, which I actually don't do often. :P Just a good reward tier placement and maybe some advertisement so people know the Patreon exists and you'll be set~ But if you don't want an additional workload I guess I'd kinda understand that too.

I might open up the Patreon soon (to allow the late backing and access of Weekly Updates/WIP stuff via patreon-post), but won't really add more stretch goals except the easy ones (more CGs etc). I think the game already has a lot (too much actually xD) content and adding some more will just make it take forever to finish.... :p

Sierrus
Yaoi Kouhai
Yaoi Kouhai

Postby Sierrus » Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:58 pm

Yeah that's another thing I love about this game, it has a LOT of non-traditional VN content and makes me wanna play it, so I get that. Well, more CG is always welcome too~ ;P

Thanks for considering it anyways~

meyaoi
Developer
Developer

Postby meyaoi » Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:33 pm

Sierrus wrote:Yeah that's another thing I love about this game, it has a LOT of non-traditional VN content and makes me wanna play it, so I get that. Well, more CG is always welcome too~ ;P

Thanks for considering it anyways~

Will need several days before I can get the Patreon up, since I'm gonna need to design the page prettily~

Sierrus
Yaoi Kouhai
Yaoi Kouhai

Postby Sierrus » Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:30 pm

Sounds lovely~ :3

Return to “Seiyuu Danshi”